I use trip advisor a lot when booking trips away - it has become my personal travel agent if you like! When I looked up Riad Noir D'Ivoire I couldn't believe how many positive reviews there were - I felt sure that all those people could not be wrong so set about booking 3 nights for my friend and I. After a few emails between Jill and I ,our stay was booked and she even offered to have us picked up from our first destination which was Essaouira - 3 hours away from Marrakesh!!!
I am not going to repeat what has already been written on here other than to say that I can't think of a more perfect place to stay when in Marrakesh. It really is an oasis of calm in a city of chaos and from the moment you arrive you are made to feel relaxed, taken care of and at home.
Nothing is too much trouble and Jill & Damien go to great efforts to ensure that you get the best out of your stay in the city - from booking restaurants, arranging trips out or a driver for the day, to giving you a mobile phone so you can call the Riad if you get lost or have any problems (what a lovely touch!)
We were accompanied by a member of staff during the evenings from the riad to the area where the transport can get to so we didn't have to walk down dark alleys at night on our own, and when we returned there was always a member of staff waiting for us to escort us home again! What a service! We really appreciated this and it meant that we could relax and enjoy ourselves in the evening without being concerned about what time we were coming home and walking home in the dark!
We had a hammam while we were there which was excellent, as well as some henna tattoos - literally as soon as you mention being interested in a particular activity they were there on hand to make it happen.
We only ate in the Riad for one evening as there were so many other restaurants that we wanted to experience but I have to say that the lamb tagine I had there was out of this world! As indeed was breakfast which you can have at anytime of the day and changes daily with whatever fresh local produce the chef has bought.
The attention to detail in this Riad is second to none and many other hotels around the world would do well to stay here see how it should be done!
The only down side was that our trip was too short! There is so much to do in and around Marrakesh that 3 nights is just not long enough.... the upside is that we have a bonefide excuse to go back!!! And I can't wait!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Noir d'Ivoire is a romantic destination composed of five suites, three of which have private roof terraces and jacuzzis, two junior suites and two double rooms. Services include Spa with traditional hammam, Boutique, fully equipped gym, library, restaurant and a heated pool. All suites have fireplaces and all rooms, have air conditioning, heating, mini-bars, hairdryers, wall safes and flat screen televisions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Riad Noir d'Ivoire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Noir d`Ivoire Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Noir d Ivoire Marrakech