“A genuine 5 star experience”
Review of Riad Aguerzame

and 1 more site!
Riad Aguerzame
Ranked #13 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
“A genuine 5 star experience”
Reviewed 2 September 2011

The owner of the Riad, Laurent, is an absolute star. I picked this Riad because of the reviews and wasn't disappointed, in fact I was even more impressed!

It's stunning inside and the rooms are lovely and great value. Breakfast included as is Laurent's 'Marrakech classroom' which is a great introduction to all you need to know. not too much, just enough! Plus he can organise pretty much whatever you want to so and knows some of the best people in town.

having such a friendly host helped us make the most of a short break and I'd wholeheartedly recommend the Riad.

The only thing it lacks is a pool, but you can use others so no big drama!

• Stayed August 2011
8 Thank obmjones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Very well positioned in a quiet area close only 5 minutes walk from the main square (Djema al Fna), which is important as Marakech can be quite loud until quite late into the evening in many areas (but not this one). The room was large with a large bathroom, and is tastefully decorated with a comfortable bed and a very nice shower area. The rooms had powerful air-con which is a must in the middle of summer in Marrakech.

The owner of the Riad, Laurent made us feel very welcome, as did all the staff, and took us on a brief tour of the local area, as well as organising a trek and giving us an overview of the highlights of the city. There are also a selection of books in each room that you can read if you have some spare time. The food at the Riad is also an absolute treat and very high quality. The roof garden is a very luxurious area, and perfect for sunbathing or relaxing in the shaded areas with a book. The only thing this Riad does not have is a pool(although you can get free access to many other hotel's pools in Marrakech if you buy lunch there). Would certainly return if I ever go back to Marrakech.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank John G
Torino
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Riad Aguerzame is perfectly located in the heart of the medina, within walking distance from Djemaa el-Fna square and all major touristic sites. It's in a quiet and safe area, where we always felt at ease (we were two girls on holiday). The riad is fabulous and full of charm, cosy and clean. Laurent will give you plenty of tips and advice on how best to enjoy your stay in Marrakech. Wonderful fresh breakfast every morning and the dinner we had was also delicious. If I ever go back to Marrakech (which I think is absolutely worth it, I loved it!!!!), I will certainly go back to Riad Aguerzame. Thanks again Laurent for the wonderful stay!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank chobin75
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 18 June 2011

From the charm of this Riad, to Laurent's hospitality & to his recommendations, my experience all around was excellent.

I traveled through Morocco for a few weeks, from Marrakech, to the ocean, to hiking in Azmizmiz, to the desert & Merzouga and lastly to Fez. But throughout, this Riad was my "home base".

In fact, Laurent made my adventure possible: he organized my hiking trip to Azmizmiz, transportation to Essaouria and the guide from my journey through the desert.

I owe my excellent adventure to Laurent and would highly recommend this Riad to anyone searching for adventure, but not really sure how to pull it off from abroad (ie. before they reach Marrakech).

Look forward to a return visit & thank you again Lauren!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank MichaelT-SanFran
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Me and my wife stayed in this riad at the stat of june,
As we made our way from the airport through to the Medina we wondered if we had done the right thing, the city looked like bagdad after a bombing raid!
When we got to the door we were happy to get in.
This Riad is beautyful, nice and quiet and a very relaxing place, we enjoyed our stay very much.
The bad thing is outside, the first two days out on the square were fine, we got hassled a lot though, to the point where we didnt want to go there on the final two days.

All in all we had a good expereince in Marrakech, mainly due to Laurent's Riad Aguerzame.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Adypeters
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 9 June 2011

I have nothing bad to say about Riad Aguerzame. My girlfriend stayed for a couple of nights in May and it really made our stay in Marrekech. Laurent was extra helpful and friendly and the place is tranquil and lovely.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank garrethedwards
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 June 2011

We had a fabulous stay at Riad Aguerzame, we arrive after midnight the owner Laurent wait for us. The airline lost my bag, the next morning Mr Laurent took me to the airport to claim my bag. Mr Laurent made our stay so worderful. He took us in to the square to show us the way to the souk.The riad was very clean, and beautiful, i would definitely come back to Riad aguerzame. Thank you for memorable stay in Marrekech.

Room Tip: ask for the big room with lots of light
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends