“Friendly oasis in a busy city”
Review of Riad Aguerzame

Riad Aguerzame
Ranked #22 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Riad Aguerzame was the perfect start to my holiday. I was reliably met at the airport and transferred to the Riad where my clean atmospheric room and lovely meal were waiting. As a solo traveller the environment was relaxed enough that you could easily chat in the central covered courtyard under the orange trees with other travellers. After a peaceful night I was given useful advice about what I could realistically see in a day in Marrakech. I was also directed to the main square and the ATM. Although I had already checked out I was able to leave my bag in the Riad and return in the heat of the afternoon to relax a bit more with a drink before heading off to my organised tour. I could not fault this welcoming place!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Andrew H
There are newer reviews for Riad Aguerzame

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Travelling is about the people you meet, their hospitality and the feeling of being at home in a charmingly different environment. This is what Laurent and his team at the riad manage to provide their guests with. An absolute must go! Try to book early as this is a sought after place with few rooms.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Fantastic location with extremely friendly and helpful staff. Simo, the Riad manager, went out of his way to make my trip memorable. In order to make sure that we didn't get lost, he explained directions in detail and even walked me to the bazaars to make sure that I wouldn't get lost. The Riad itself is beautiful.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Had such a great time here. Aziz was great, we felt really well looked after and nothing was too much trouble. Location is great and Riad is beautiful. Make sure you organise a hammam . All in all the riad is a steal for the price.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We were very pleased by the quality of the hotel and attention from the staff. The location is very good, street is quiet, but Medina markets are easily reached within walking distance. The riad will supply you with the drinking water and you will always get the fresh orange juice during your breakfast, even if you have it at 5 in the morning. Riad's host Aziz will give you very detailed introduction to the city and will be ready to advice and help you day and night. I would strongly recommend choosing this riad: you will feel inside of the autentic Moroccan life.

Room Tip: I would strongly recommend to choose your first dinner in the riad.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Darvirz
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My girlfriend and I just returned from a three night stay at the Riad. It forms the perfect complement for hectic Marrakech, despite being right in the city centre. Aziz is the nicest host you can imagine and will do everything to make your stay more enjoyable. He will make you feel at home and at ease in the city from the moment you arrive. What makes this place even better is that the building is stunning. So nice to come home to the Riad during the day for a moment of peace and a fresh orange juice under the orange trees in the court yard!

Room Tip: Room 1 (located on first floor) is excellent.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Really excellent hotel! Such great attention to detail - clean, safe, great location, beautiful building and atrium, good facilities, relaxing, free freshly pressed orange juice(so good!) and water. The people working there are so friendly and helpful in a really genuine way. Aziz, who runs the riad, went out of his way to help us out. He was also great for honest and helpful advice about how to navigate Marrakech, from hagging and best places to eat to getting lost and safety. We trusted his advice and had a wonderful trip. If I was really forced to give a negative, the only thing I'd say is that the room was a little damp, but not so much that it bothered us.
Overall, I strongly recommend this riad/hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor (i.e. not ground). We had one of these and I think it was preferab...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple