“Fabulous Riad Aguerzame”
Review of Riad Aguerzame

Riad Aguerzame
Ranked #20 of 501 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed at the Riad Aguerzame for 5 days and had a fabulous time. The staff were fantastic and very helpful.

Aziz arranged a taxi to pick us up at the airport which made our arrival much easier.

When we arrived, Laurent gave us a very warm welcome and told us about the Riad and where everything was. It has a very homely feel to it and that is emphasised by the staff who work there. We had a lovely meal at the Riad on the first night which took away the stress of trying to find somewhere to eat. The breakfasts were plentiful and very nice.

Aziz gave us his local knowledge of Marrakesh - where to go, what to see, where to eat etc and he also showed us how to get around the place (this was very helpful). The places that he recommended were all great.

The Riad is beautiful and very peaceful and we were able to relax on the terrace rooftop after a hectic day in the souks. The rooms are very clean and comfortable.The service is excellent and the food is also very good.

We had a very enjoyable stay and the hospitality is first class. We recommend a stay at Riad Aguerzame and we will definitely return.

Room Tip: We had a superior room which was located on the second floor of the Riad.
1  Thank ClairenAidy

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We have travelled in many countries around the world and this was an outstanding experience. Aziz and Laurent are gracious hosts who went out of their way to help us find our way around their city. Great medina location, free bottled water, juice, coffee and delicious mint tea all day. The room was lovely, the raid is beautifully furnished and really is a calm oasis to come home, to. It is hard to decribe just how much time and care Aziz and Laurent give to their guests. Highly recommended for anyone wanting a fantastic experience of moroccan hospitality.

1  Thank joannandmark
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed here for four nights in January 2014and were very impressed with level of attention and care shown from all the staff. We were given a short tour at the start to get us orientated with the main square and every question or concerns no matter how small was addressed. We would recommend the optional dinner at the Riad and we would also recommend booking the Atlas mountains and hammam package through the Riad for a no hassle and quality service.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank neildb
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Aziz came until the place djemaa el fnaa to show us the way to the riad, so kind and helpful! Aziz gave us precious information about Marrakech (good restaurants, specialized shops...). The riad is very well located, in the middle of the medina. The mint tea was authentic, as well as the marrocan pancakes we were given the first day. Thanks for everything!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank r8freeman
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed two nights in Riad Aguerzame and extremely impressed by its quality and also the staff. The owner, Aziz, was extremely helpful from the very start, when he found me and brought me to the Riad, and then provided very informative information about Marrakech and even took me on a short walking tour to see the main square. When it was time to leave, he bought my train ticket for me and arranged a transfer to the station. The Riad itself was an oasis in the hustle and bustle of Marrakech and every time I walked in I felt calm again. Breakfasts were very nice.

The Riad is situated only a five minute walk from the main square and Aziz provided me with a map and a range of restaurant options for my trip, which were very good.

The details of my trip changed during my stay, and Aziz effortlessly accommodated me for different nights.

All in all, I cannot recommend this Riad highly enough and I would not go looking for a different place next time I visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank ScottAE2014
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We have just spent 6 nights at the Riad Aguerzame and the only negative thing I can think to say is that it was so perfect that it was almost painful to have to leave at the end of our stay. Upon arriving, we were warmly welcomed by Aziz who gave us a briefing on Marrakech, suggestions of what to see and where to eat, and helpful advice on bargaining in the souks, etc. The riad is very well situated, just a few minutes' walk from the main square yet in a quieter part of the medina. It is beautiful and peaceful and coming back to it at the end of a busy day sightseeing was pure bliss. On several occasions, we spent a few hours in the morning or late afternoon just sitting in the courtyard relaxing in the sunshine under the trees and these times were just as special and enjoyable as when we were rushing around seeing the sights. Our room was lovely, spacious and spotlessly clean. We had dinner at the riad twice and the food was excellent. Breakfast was delicious and copious and free tea and juice are on offer all day long. Wifi is available throughout the riad and the staff even took care of our washing free of charge. Aziz was endlessly kind, patient and helpful and nothing was too much trouble for him in order to ensure that we had the best possible time. The two ladies who work there, Aziza and Leila, were wonderful too - very helpful and charming. We did the mountain trip which was fairly energetic but worth it for the unique experience and also the hammam/massage which was a great way to end the holiday. I also recommend the airport transfer offered by the riad. Due to my devotion to TripAdvisor, I rarely make mistakes when reserving a hotel but this riad truly exceeded all expectations. We came away feeling that we had made friends and I don't believe we could ever stay anywhere else should we return to Marrakech.

4  Thank LKT
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Riad Aguerzame is an oasis in the chaos of Marrakech, we stayed 3 nights and couldn't be happier with the quality and hospitaility. Aziz really made our visit to Marrakech a treat, so helpful and pleasant, he went out of his way to retrieve my lost ipad. Location was great, food good and the hammam a very enjoyable experience. Thanks!