“A beautiful haven of inspiration...”
Review of AnaYela

AnaYela
Ranked #131 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Having worked for Design Hotels, I must say that Riad AnaYela was truly a magical experience!
A great thanks as well to Mehdi, for making our stay so wonderful and pleasant.
His advice took us to the most beautiful hidden spots in Marrakech and we really felt we were no tourist anymore...

We are already planning our trip back to Marrakech, and guess in which hotel we want to stay again ? ;)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I wanted to get away, and have quality time with myself. Moreover I wanted to start writing my book on the participatory nature of reality. So I remembered where I wanted to go: Riad AnaYela.
I was taken care of like I was a king. The staff was not only "at my service" as one would expect from a good hotel, rather they went out of their way to make me feel comfortable every day. And I was not on your typical tourist program, only going out for 3-4 hours per day. So it really counted.
After the royal breakfast I went to the roof and sat there writing for a few hours, getting the lovingly prepared mint tea served 2,3 times... as much as I liked. A real pleasure. One thing you notice when you spend so much time in an open, concentrated mood on the roof - you hardly hear any mechanical sound. Children at play, and an occasional dog. What you would have heard in all cities before the industrial revolution gave us a soundscape more fit for machines then man.

I had most of my dinners at the Riad as well, and comparing the food with what I got in the restaurants in town, made me decide that. Delicious.
So thank you all who made my stay there a most wonderful experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Mushino
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Riad AnaYela was a great experience. Fantastic breakfast and the room was simply amazing-huge jacuzzi in the room. Very clean and safe. The only downside was that it was located a bit far away from the Medina-atleast a 30 minute walk if you know your way around. Otherwise it's best to take a taxi.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stayed at Riad AnaYela with a girlfriend in February 2014. It was our first time visiting Morocco and the staff at Riad AnaYela helped us feel safe, comfortable and have a great visit. The property itself is stunning and we felt like princesses enjoying our large comfy bed, elegant bathtub and sunning on the rooftop terrace. Breakfast was delicious and every day the staff made sure we had all the information we needed to enjoy the day and stay safe. I highly recommend this Riad for first time visitors to Marrakech and female/solo travelers.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Our 2 week visit to Morocco included two nights at AnaYela near the beginning of our trip, from Nov 24 to 26. Mehdi, the manager of AnaYela, met us at the train station with a big smile on his face that made us feel welcome right away. His friendly attitude was evident in every member of his team and it meant that AnaYela was more of a home than just another riad. We were given a local phone to call in case we needed anything, and we appreciated being guided back to AnaYela after getting disoriented in the medina at night. On the second night, after a full day in Essouira, we came back to a delicious dinner served on cushions, with heat lamps to keep us warm. I loved the fireplace in our room and sleeping to the sound of crackling wood, and our bathtub was almost large enough for a few laps. AnaYela made us appreciate the tranquility of a well-appointed riad after hours wandering around the confusion of Marrakech, and we would gladly call it our home again if we return.

Room Tip: A room on the upper floor is quieter as the ground floor ones open directly to the central pool and...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed at AnaYela for two nights, January 2nd and 3rd, 2014. The riad is quite beautiful, with a lovely pool and courtyard, but it is really the staff that makes it such a memorable experience. Not only are they totally professional, but also so warm and welcoming. As soon as we walked in, they were waiting with refreshments and slippers. Anything you wanted or needed, they were there to provide it. A tour guide, a taxi, a reservation, a bottle of wine, snacks, you name it. Marrakech can be a little hectic at times, so you want your riad to be a place where you can just relax and decompress at the end of the day, and that is AnaYela. While not right in the center of the medina, it is still close to everything you want to do and see, and if you're not sure of your way, they will make sure someone is there to guide you. I can't say enough good things about AnaYela...thanks to Mehdi and Adil and everyone there for a truly wonderful stay!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ron C
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights - the riad is beautiful and the staff is great. The rates include airport transfer - which is perfect - especially if its your first time in Marrakech/The medina I guess it would be a hassle get there by yourself ( the riad is located in a part of the medina were you dont find tourists, but a lot of donkeys)

Since smoking is allowed everywhere in Morocco it was a little bit disturbing at our last night when 4 people moved in to the riad and seemed to smoke cigarettes 24/7, made a big difference to the smell of the house (which was lovely to begin with!)

Overall a great place and a really kind and pleasant staff. Recommended!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple