“A fantatstically surreal place”
Review of AnaYela

AnaYela
Ranked #140 of 496 Hotels in Marrakech
Mandalay, Myanmar
“A fantatstically surreal place”
Reviewed 17 July 2010

The Anayela Hotel in the heart of the medina of Marrakesh is a totally special and surreal place: you leave behind you the hustle and bustle of medina life and surrender to the total peace and tranquility of this sensual oasis! The service is wonderfully attentive and kind! All in all a fantastic stay!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 15 November 2009

my buddy and I were totally blown away from anaYela... the service is awesome, the interior design fantastic. we really enjoyed our stay.

Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 21 May 2008

I am often in Marrakech. If I travel just with a business purpose I prefer the Sofitel, having Spa relaxation in mind I rather go for the Amanjena and when I am looking for inspiration and the real Marrekech feeling I defenetly go for the Anayela.
Five Rooms/Suites only, a Pool in the middle, a fantastic roof terrace , a superb location and greate cuisin make it my personal hot spot in the town. What I like most is the design. Everything feels like Marroco and modern at the very same time. Hope the owners will be clever enough to sell the stuff soon (it even beats what ever you can buy at Musttafas famous place...) to avoid me stealing it bit by bit everytime I stay there :-)

• Stayed May 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
stockholm
Reviewed 18 May 2008

My wife an me just came back from a stay in the anayela which was one of the most outstanding experiences we had so far (and we travel a lot). we found the anayela through an article in the neue zürcher zeitung, where the author mentioned also the excellent cuisine which is off course as promoted a traditional morrocon cuisine and it was simply superbe! staff was very friendly, and you overview the whole medina while sitting on the "flying carpet"- but all those "hard facts" cannot describe what you "feel" inside this little palais- an oasis in the middle of the colourful medina, where you really can relax or even work on creative things because the whole atmosphere is very inspirational. we loved the anayela and will certainly come back!

Stayed May 2008
London
Reviewed 12 May 2008

My husband booked our 3-night stay at the AnaYela riad after having read an ad about it in a magazine. there were no online reviews of the riad yet but we’ve found other advertising articles online, praising the place, and were excited about our choice.

In short, we have enjoyed our stay, however, in real life this place turned out nothing special. On our trip in Morocco, we stayed at a much more luxurious and interesting riad in Fes for about 25% less of the AnaYela price. The riad is rather small and cozy, with a totally modern decor throughout. In fact, it’s so small that there’s no nice dining place, except for the terrace (the other two tables are right by the small pool, so you are to watch closely other guests splashing around while having a dinner – which I guess shouldn't be a problem if you are traveling with a bunch of friends). I had to stay for one day at the riad as had some urgent work to do on my computer and couldn't find a comfortable place for study either. The wi-fi didn’t work at first, so I had to ask staff to fix it. The terrace is nice, although doesn't provide that much of a spectacular view, as advertised (the riad is only two stores high). The covered “carpet tower” is a good place to have dinner. However, we didn’t enjoy the food which was prepared for us at the riad – again, too simple and not much of a taste. Breakfasts were also very limited – croissants, bread and jams. Next days we had lunch and dinner at the Sofitel hotel in Marrakech (very good food) and felt sorry we were not staying there instead.

We stayed in a suite at a rate of 400+ euros. The room was nicely decorated, with a comfortable big bed and a really huge stone bath. However, after filling half of the bath hot water completely stopped and we had to take a cold shower. Another annoying moment was when bottles of mineral water were constantly removed from our room by room service. We purchased large bottles of water at the riad every evening and they were taken away (almost full) every morning. Something that you never expect from a place at over $500 per night.

The best thing about the riad is the service provided by waiters – local guys who are extremely friendly, attentive and considerate. The management is friendly as well but seems rather amateurish.

Stayed May 2008