Riad Les Jardins Mandaline
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$80
  • Pool
US$174
US$157
  • Breakfast included
Riad El Sagaya(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$37
US$217
US$204
US$733
HotelsClick
All reviewsthe main squareinside the city wallssmall paradisesmall pooltwists and turnsair conbit difficult to findany requestssmall alleytaxi driverlocation is greatfreshly squeezed orange juicejemaa elpancakesthree nightseach morningnadia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I transferred to Riad Les Jardins Mandaline from a standard hotel in Marrakesh, for 2 nights, after my 16-day group trip through Morocco ended. It took me hours to find it on a 40C-plus afternoon. But once there, it was one of the most pleasant experiences of my trip! The small staff were so nice, so friendly and so wonderful that I truly felt like family. The Riad is lovely and beautifully decorated, and the rooftop terrace is the perfect place for breakfast, dinner, or just chilling out.
I don't care what anyone says, maps are useless in the medina of Marrakesh! Easy tip to get to the Riad: have your cab driver take you to the Bab Doukkala gate. Call the Riad once there, and they will send a guy to come and get you and your luggage, and walk you back to the Riad. It's much easier to find this way, rather than trying to find it by going through the Souks. Once you find it, you realize that the location is very convenient! And to get to Djemaa el-Fna at night, go back out to the parking lot (just inside the Gate) where you were dropped off, and follow the wall around to the left on the outside of the medina, to a main entry promenade towards Djemaa el-Fna. So much easier than navigating the Souks at night. I even found my way back to the Riad at night!
I LOVE this Riad and the folks who work there! My room had AC, a spacious bathroom, and it was right on the little pool. I will definitely come back one day, and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank FifteenMinutes
Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and it was a great way to start our vacation in Marrakech. Great value for money and it's a 15 minute walk or a 5 minute taxi ride to the main square. Staff were super friendly and efficient, meals were really tasty, and the whole feel of the place was very cosy and authentic. Would definitely recommend this place...

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Hopkid
Reviewed 11 April 2012

This riad is absolutely beautiful and a wonderful oasis away from the crazy Medina. It is spotlessly clean and the staff is are incredibly helpful and accomidating. My one complaint is that it is fairly hard to find.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PVDetroit
Reviewed 3 April 2012

My partner and I had a truely relaxing and enjoyable stay at this cosy little riad situated about a 10 minute walk from the main square. The staff were great throughout our stay, really helpful and always extremely polite, even going as far to offer to come and get us should we get lost in souqs on the way home. Our room was traditionally decorated in line with the rest of the riad which was great. The best thing about the whole place was how peaceful it was as soon as you stepped in from the hustle and bustle, not to mention the cost. 5 out of 5 will recommend to all my friends who plan to visit Marrakech.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank NFA_1986
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The Riad is small, very clean with friendly staff. All staff and most guests are French. Whilst the Riad is lovely and peaceful getting to the square is a 15 minute walk through very busy, hectic and hassled streets with motorbikes continually going up and down the main walkway. I found it quite nerve racking of a night, if you are easily intemedated I would recommend staying in the new town where the hassle, hussle and bussle is a lot less.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple