Open today: 10:00 - 19:00
Review Highlights
Great place to visit even if you don't want to buy

I visited this shop after having purchased rugs in a different city. Having made clear that I would... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
asdf a
Zurich, Switzerland
Recommended by my guide

My guide recommended this place and because they were friends, I knew that I was guaranteed to have... read more

Reviewed 10 February 2019
y2000-1

Recommended experiences in and around Marrakech
from US$59.93
from US$230.51
from US$42.64
from US$28.81
More Info
All reviews beautiful carpets treasure trove shipping chez rug wool purchase dhl bargain omar shop hundreds art souks tea
Reviewed 19 November 2016

So I bought a carpet in Chez Les Nomades back in October, the day before I was leaving for home. It was a little too big and so the shop arranged for it to be altered to the right size. I paid on leaving and and also for the shipping as it wasn't going to be ready in time for my departure - I was promised it would be in the UK in 2 weeks. I left the shop thinking "What have I just done! Handed over £600 for a carpet I'll probably never see!"
2 weeks came and went and I did start to feel a little nervous. I contacted the shop and they reassured me the carpet was en route, and actually gave me the courier tracking number.
It finally arrived, only a week later than promised and I am delighted with it - the alterations have been done really well and its a beautiful addition to our home. I hope to go back to Marrakech next year and will definitely be re-visiting Les Nomades for another rug (or 2!)

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank Goldengirl123
lesnomadesmarrakech, Guest Relations Manager at Les Nomades de Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

Thanks so much for visiting us at Les Nomades de Marrakech. We are glad you are happy with your purchase. It was a pleasure doing business with you and we hope that you are ever in Marrakech again you will visit us!

Best,

Les Nomades de Marrakech

Reviewed 17 November 2016

The store is impressive and the rugs are beautiful. However, do not let the surroundings fool you into believing what the vendors tell you. Unless you are knowledgeable about Berber rugs, be very careful about this store.

My opinion is based on the experience I had purchasing a small silk rug from Les Nomades de Marrakech in August 2016. The vendor repeatedly provided assurances as to age, material and origin. I ended up paying less than 1/3 of the asking price. On return to Canada I had the rug appraised at a reputable shop. I was told that the rug was indeed silk and berber Zemmour. However, it was not antique or even old. The appraised value was 30% less than what I paid which was 30% of the asking price. So be careful, be knowledgeable and do not think that being in a store means you have to be any less on your guard than in the souk

Date of experience: August 2016
9  Thank lorneinvan
Reviewed 15 November 2016

Coming here is like an Aladins Cave of carpets. Carpets from floor to ceiling. There wasn't one square inch of space that wasn't taken up with amazing carpets. Our tour guide brought us here and at first i thought i had been set up for a hard sell. But the owner was lovely and went out of his way to display his many carpets without seeming to be forcing a sale. It became a master class with histories and sources given on all carpets shown. We did end up buying a carpet but we where so glad we did! Its the best way of taking home a genuine piece of Marrakech

Date of experience: September 2016
2  Thank Ernesto M

Best,

Les Nomades de Marrakech

Reviewed 4 May 2016

I disagree entirely with the ridiculous comment from Michael, who obviously has never purchased a rug anywhere else than Walmart. If you know anything about rugs, you know that any quality is not available if it is made by hand by tribals or any skilled artisan for a paltry $200. Get a grip!
This emporium in the heart of a very professional medina in Marrakesh is actually one of the few merchants who doesn't sell to you. His rugs do the selling. They sell themselves. Believe me we were looking for a small wonder and we found a unique piece (they all are actually) that I have never seen before. Our bank card had a hiccup, but we sorted it out and friendly chatter and invitations to lunch were extended, but not sadly, taken and transport with porter was arranged and kindly given for free back to our hotel. Mr Habib, who is a gifted and well travelled, cultured polyglot, married to a European, is a font of knowledge in all things relating to the Orient and seems fascinated by his own culture. More power to him and the proud owner of Les Nomades de Marrakesh.

Date of experience: May 2016
1  Thank 296catherinev
Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

I have been buying rugs from a few dealers in Marrakesh and it was only by accident that I found Les Nomades de Marrakesh.The store has the most beautiful collection of all kinds of carpets and the prices are displayed on each piece for the customers to see.The owner is a very nice guy and I have sent him many more clients since I first dealt with him.The feedback was always excellent and I urge any serious rug buyer to pay him a visit.You won't regret it!

Date of experience: December 2015