“On the tourist trail”

Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“On the tourist trail”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Pleasant restaurant, nicely furnished Moroccan style. Reasonably priced menu, and drinks list. We ordered tangines which were very tasty.

Meknes-Tafilalet Region, Morocco
“La Terrible”
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

This place is crawling with tourists who are bussed in. They just mumble out set lunches for you without disclosing the price. When I asked, the waiter grumpily showed me the menu. Mediocre food. They should rename it La Terrible instead.

4 Thank Doofwalker71
“Delicious but overly pushy for a tip”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Lunch is a set menu at 120 Dirham per person, expensive for Morocco but reasonable here given the food. Entree is a selection of delicious moroccan salads which were divine, and we nearly asked for the recipes. For main there was a choice of 3 tagines or a cous cous. My wife had the lamb and I had the beef, the meat was very high quality and plentiful - not always something we have found so far. Dessert was a small fruit platter served along with a glass of mint tea. At this point we could find little fault, but what did leave a sour taste in our mouths was when the cheque came the waiter very clearly made the point of stating that the bill did not include a tip. We paid the amount as the service had not been outstanding, the waiter took the money checked it and brought over an empty plate saying again that the tip was not included. We dont appreciate pushy wait staff and will tip where appropriate, this was the only let down of the experience.

• Visited December 2013
Washington, DC
“Impressive Design, Average Food”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This is a great restaurant if you're a tourist who's interested in the Morrocan experience since it's decorated beautifully in a variety of the tile mosics for which the Morrocans are famous. As for the food, I didn't think it was anything special-particularly since I had the same fish served at another restaurant, which I thought was much tastier. In addition, the price here was much higher since I'm sure you're paying for the nine course appetizer platter that they automatically bring before they even take your order, which you can do without since some of the same sides are served with the meal. I just thought $30USD for lunch was a bit much and, of course, they don't tell you the prices until you get the bill at the end. There is no menu. The waiter will come to the table and tell you they have traditional Morrocan fish, beef, chicken and vegetarian dishes and then ask which one you'd like. Bottom line-this is a tourist trap.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank romadaro
Birmingham, England
“Nice restaurant in the French Quartier of Meknes”
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I had a very nice lunch at the Palais Terrab, Service was very good and the food was very tasty, I was well contented after my meal and it was not expensive at all, The surrounding's were very pleasant, Anybody in the area should pay a visit

• Visited October 2012