“Rude and aggressive staff”
Review of Palais Terrab

Palais Terrab
Ranked #20 of 83 Restaurants in Meknes
Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The restaurant is on the tourist trail with many coaches arriving constantly so they are really not bothered about customers!!! We were corralled into the restaurant and sat at tables without a welcome.The waiter quickly said what was on the set menu without telling us the price and came back within a minute to take our order.As a vegetarian, I asked if there was anything for me to eat and a curt response was a tagine.After we had placed the order my husband went through the bar and discovered that there was a snacks menu, and it was not necessary to order the set menu.When we asked for the menu, the waiter was very rude and almost threw the menus at us.I asked if I could have some chips as there wasn't anything suitable for me to eat.The waiter became aggressive and started shouting at me.We called the tour guide and told him what had happened and the waiter was all smiles and denied it all.The service was slow and they got it all wrong.When the food finally came, it was tasteless and of poor quality.
We were very upset at the whole situation.Perhaps a complimentary lunch would had gone a long way as an apology.It was a total disaster for us.

1  Thank Benna O

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Pleasant restaurant, nicely furnished Moroccan style. Reasonably priced menu, and drinks list. We ordered tangines which were very tasty.

Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

This place is crawling with tourists who are bussed in. They just mumble out set lunches for you without disclosing the price. When I asked, the waiter grumpily showed me the menu. Mediocre food. They should rename it La Terrible instead.

4  Thank Doofwalker71
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Lunch is a set menu at 120 Dirham per person, expensive for Morocco but reasonable here given the food. Entree is a selection of delicious moroccan salads which were divine, and we nearly asked for the recipes. For main there was a choice of 3 tagines or a cous cous. My wife had the lamb and I had the beef, the meat was very high quality and plentiful - not always something we have found so far. Dessert was a small fruit platter served along with a glass of mint tea. At this point we could find little fault, but what did leave a sour taste in our mouths was when the cheque came the waiter very clearly made the point of stating that the bill did not include a tip. We paid the amount as the service had not been outstanding, the waiter took the money checked it and brought over an empty plate saying again that the tip was not included. We dont appreciate pushy wait staff and will tip where appropriate, this was the only let down of the experience.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

This is a great restaurant if you're a tourist who's interested in the Morrocan experience since it's decorated beautifully in a variety of the tile mosics for which the Morrocans are famous. As for the food, I didn't think it was anything special-particularly since I had the same fish served at another restaurant, which I thought was much tastier. In addition, the price here was much higher since I'm sure you're paying for the nine course appetizer platter that they automatically bring before they even take your order, which you can do without since some of the same sides are served with the meal. I just thought $30USD for lunch was a bit much and, of course, they don't tell you the prices until you get the bill at the end. There is no menu. The waiter will come to the table and tell you they have traditional Morrocan fish, beef, chicken and vegetarian dishes and then ask which one you'd like. Bottom line-this is a tourist trap.

2  Thank romadaro