“Comfortable, but very dated”
Review of Hotel Majestic

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Meknes
Hotel Majestic
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Meknes
Reviewed 4 February 2014

It's an ok hotel, but very dated and not the cleanest. A good place to lay your head on the way to Volopolis. Staff are really friendly though, it's very close to the train station (where you can pick up the Train or a Grand Taxi. And it's very cheap!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 December 2013

One of my favorite hotels in the world. Just the kind of gem that makes your travel not just a vacation but an adventure. Clean and comfortable but very exotic. But I write because I will always be grateful to the staff. When I was leaving Meknes, I left my passport and wallet on top of a payphone stall at the train station. When I realized it was missing I remembered where I left it. I call the Hotel Majestic. The manager dropped the phone and ran the two blocks to the train station. The train station staff had found the passport and wallet and were holding it but were not sure how to find me. It was the Prophets Birthday so all the trains were completely sold out and packed solid. A cab driver took pity on me and with his own car drove me the 3 hours back to Meknes, refusing to take any payment. I got back all my papers, wallet and money. I had a fantastic time at the celebration and another beautiful night at the Majestic Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark H
Reviewed 26 November 2013

The hotel's proximity to the smaller El-Emir Abdelkader train station in Meknes was a plus --just a few minutes walk. The courtyard on the 2nd floor was delightful; the stairwell,classy; the hallways adorn with zellij tiles, pretty. I had asked for a quiet room, and the staff delivered. Not only was my room tranquil, it was also cozy and clean. I was to have spent some nights in Fez, but did not. I just took the train for the day trips to Fez because I felt so secure and safe at hotel; I did not want to leave it. The continental breakfast was an added bonus-- a good way to begin the day before the rigorous touring of the old city and beyond.
The staff was very helpful and hospitable. What more could I ask for?

Room Tip: Ask for the interior rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We had a few days holiday in Meknes and found the Hotel Majestic to be just what we wanted. The location was good a few minutes walk from the ONCF train station. We found the staff to be helpful and arranged our day tour to Volublilis, which was a fantastic experience. The hotel is clean with a wonderful terrace for relaxing after a long day.

We enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Majestic and would definitely stay here again. We would recommend this hotel to travelers who wish a comfortable and easy stay in Meknes.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2013

While we were sleeping, someone opened our door and robbed all our money and a watch. We woke up just in time to see the person and he drop the bag and ran away. They actually opened the door even if it was locked. Be careful

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Dj_Travel9
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

Good hotel at a nice location. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Meknes was a great city to visit. We doubted between Fez and Meknes. No regrets that we've chosen Meknes. Beautifull city center, with very little hassle and for a Maroccan city a laid back atmosphere.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Within a stone's throw of the train station, a lovely art deco gem. Definitely puts the "faded" in "faded glamour" but I'm not complaining--if it was unfaded I wouldn't be able to afford it! As it was, it was clean, super-affordable, had a cool courtyard and a great "Moroccan Salon" where you could hang out. While they don't serve alcohol, when I asked about where to get some they had their porter walk me to a nearby restaurant to purchase some bottles to go. Then they served it to me in the salon. So nice! They are also happy to help arrange taxis to do tours of nearby Volubilis and Moulay Idriss.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends