“Classy in its' Day”
Review of Hotel Le Gaulois

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rabat
Hotel Le Gaulois
Ranked #38 of 45 Hotels in Rabat
Bacchus Marsh, Australia
“Classy in its' Day”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Showing it’s age from the colonial era and looking a little tired, the Hotel Gaulois would have been classy in its’ day. The ground floor reception and lounge is all polished woodwork as is the carpeted and balustraded staircase which takes you to the 3rd floor. Hotel Gaulois is reasonably easy to find in the city centre, amongst many colonial buildings, shops and cafes, and a short walk from the Gare. The old medina is also just five minutes walk away.

I have now stayed here on two occasions and each time the staff have been friendly and polite. Recently I was given a room on the 3rd floor which is a bit of a climb, however, the room was light and airy with large French windows opening onto a balcony. Despite being in such a busy location the rooms are quiet at night, my bed was comfortable with super dreamy pillows. I also had an ensuite which was outdated but everything was clean, plenty of hot water, towels supplied. TV in the room, WiFi in the lounge area in reception.

You can park your car in the street outside and it will be looked after by the parking attendant - 30dirhams for 24hours.

I paid 220dirhams for my room, breakfast not included. I would stay there again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ann P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I know it might be strange to say that it is a very good hotel, but we always need to compare price and quality. I stayed there twice, and was always satisfied with the service.
It is a simple hotel, the room was clean, we had a room overlooking the main street, we loved it. I can recommend.
Great location also for city wondering around, as we were on a budget backpack trip, it was one of our best hotels :)

Room Tip: try to choose a room overlooking the main street. it is amazing.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mirandella
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed here for one night after an awful experience with Hotel Central in the medina. It was much better and for a single, I believe I paid roughly 20 USD. The hotel had a tv and the staff was helpful. When I arrived with a Sengelese friend, the proprietor claimed they were all full and directed us to another hotel. I don't believe that they were full at all. I think they just did not want to admit my African friend.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Rabat hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2011

The previous reviewer apparently paid a just about reasonable 170 dirhams. I was charged an excessive 350 dirhams (breakfast extra) for single occupation of a double room with en-suite shower and toilet, with no discount for extra nights. Unfortunately other similar but cheaper hotels in the area were full.

Good points:
.central but quiet location.
.nice sitting areas on ground floor
.breakfast and coffee bar - pleasant waiter.
.near medina
.straightforward fifteen-minute walk from railway station.

Bad points:
.old fashioned uncomfortable bedrooms needing redecoration and needing new furniture
.bathroom ditto