“Excellent hospitality”
Review of Ryad Dar Karima

Ryad Dar Karima
Ranked #11 of 50 Rabat B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed here for two days at the end of an eight day tour. It is a stunning Riad. Clean, spacious and well situated. However the most remarkable element was the hospitality. Our hosts, Najia and Salah could not do enough for us with advice on what to see and do and when they realised that I had eaten something that did not agree with me at our previous destination they prepared herbal teas, toast and offered me remedies for our onward journey. Najia also insisted on driving us to the station. If you visit this beautiful, relaxed city you absolutely must stay at this home from home.

Room Tip: They are all stunning - large, it and well furnished. Beautiful bathrooms
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We originally didn't plan on coming to Rabat from Marrakech, but we are so glad we did! We tried to book a place before we arrived but found that many of the nicer places were fully booked. We emailed Riad Zyo the night before and hadn't heard back so when we arrived in the medina, we assumed we were set for Zyo, but they were fully booked so they took us across the street to Ryad Karima.

The owners were very friendly upon our arrival and offered their room to us. We drank tea and ate delicious cookies as we waited for our room to be cleaned.

We had wonderful conversation with the owner, his son and the guests, although a lot of it was in French, which we don't speak. Overall, we were very pleased with our stay here. The ryad is beautifully done, with wonderful decorations and wood carvings surrounding. The breakfast was great, with lots of variety to choose from. The room and facilities were exceptionally clean and we were definitely made to feel at home by the owners.

Thank you for the wonderful hospitality!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelforlifePhoenix
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I stayed for 5 nights and it was wonderful. Excellent location. More like an oasis in the middle of chaos.

And for a newbie to Moroccan architecture and cuisine, this is a great initiation and the perfect place to stay while in Rabat.

The hoteliers are super helpful. Very warm and friendly. You get the feeling that they really really love what they do and it isn't just a job for them. I went on business and all my associates who came by (native Moroccan and those who have lived in the country for years) were also very impressed by the decor and the layout.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 17 May 2013

This riad is very pretty, recently built in the heart of the old medina. Their owners, Salah and Najia, were so kind and helpful. My luggage got lost connecting in Paris, and they lent me a pajamas, gave me any toiletries I needed the Sunday night I arrived in Rabat, and were really nice providing me with instructions and recommendation of how to get around in the city. Tea and breakfast were very good and fresh, the other guests were really interesting, and the whole atmosphere was friendly and relaxed. I really liked my experience there and I am sure I will stay at this riad every time I visit Rabat.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We will definitely stay here again when we revisit Rabat. Very clean, great hosts, eat dinner there too! The food is wonderful. We had dinner there several nights. Great location in the medina and close to all highlights in Rabat.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Nbenson
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We just got back from Morocco and I wanted to write a review of the extraordinary time we had at Ryad Dar Karima in Rabat. I had decided to take my mother to Morocco. She had always wanted to see it, but at the age of 89, the opportunity seemed to be slipping away. I wanted her to have a great ryad experience as part of her overall Moroccan experience. I read what seemed like hundreds of reviews of dozens of ryads trying to discern the combination of architectural beauty, convenience, cleanliness, and comfortable hospitality. Ryad Dar Karima was a little short on reviews but the ones I read hit a chord. The place sounded just right.
Well, Salah and Najia validated my incredible deductive powers. I really wanted the best for my mom, and in the back of my mind I hoped Ryad Dar Karima would be a great experience for her, and that it would exceed my most hopeful expectations. Well, it did. We only spent three nights there but by the end, if felt as if we had all known each other for years. And when we departed there were tears as if we were losing contact again with a couple of long lost friends.
The place is beautiful, and it is pristine - up to western standards, which is not always the case in Morocco. Salah is a contractor consultant by trade and he used his talents to great advantage in building his ryad. The rooms are beautiful, as is the center courtyard.
We ate our last two dinners at the ryad. If we had known better we would have eaten all 3. those were the best dinners we had in morocco and we have eaten in some excellent restaurants. One night he fixed a whole fish for each table. It was tremendous. We and the other guests sat around tables in the living room area. It was extremely comfortable and friendly as we passed conversation and exclaimed about the food. Breakfast was served in this room as well and again it was typical moroccan but one step better.
The owners went to all lengths to be helpful and took especially great care of my mother. I had wanted to find a driver to take us on a day trip to Fez. After calling several people Salah thought the cost was too high. So he decided to take us himself. He said it would be great opportunity to practice his English. He cleared his schedule we had a most memorable day in Fez traveling around with Salah. Staying at their Ryad was an incredible experience and a big part of our trip. I am grateful to Salah and his lovely wife Najia for their wonderful hospitality to my mother my wife and me.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank George E
Reviewed 17 January 2013

A wee bit challenging to find but Salah and Najia guided us there over the phone like the pros that they are. It's an outstanding place to stay. The plan was to spent the night in Rabat, but we loved the riad so much we booked another night moments after we checked in. The rooms are gorgeous and huge, the shower hot, and there is heat in each room (most places we stayed did not have heat. I wore a hat to bed most nights.) The food was amazing, and the company, even more so. Salah and Najia were natural born hosts, and I have never felt more welcome on the road. I would go back to Rabat just to have the pleasure of staying with them again.

The riad is right in the medina, which is a bit calmer and easier to navigate than the medians of Marrakech and Fes. We were able to find parking just a couple blocks away. I'm glad we stayed to explore Rabat longer as there is a lot to see nearby. It's also just a quick walk to the beach.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple