“A nice place in Rabat” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 46 Rabat B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“A nice place in Rabat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

The ryad is a bit difficult to find as there is no sign outside and no name on the door bell, but once you have found it it's easy to return and location is very handy and quiet, even though you are only a couple of minutes away from the central market.
The ryad is nice and clean. We stayed there 2 nights and were happy to realise that we were the only guest and therefore it was very quiet.
We were greeted with tea and Moroccan patisseries – delicious, but we only wanted to be shown to the room to refresh ourselves – Would have been nice to have a shower first and then have tea.
The room was nice. Bathroom well equipped and practical.
My only concern is about lack of privacy when other guests are staying on same floor: the whole length of the room is made of French windows. There are some heavy black-out curtains but if you do not want to be in the dark or with lights on, you have to be ready to see people walk past the room and therefore see inside your room.
Our host did ask what time we wanted our breakfast the next day. We had a big table laid out with tea/coffee, jams, Moroccan crepes and breads, fresh and dried fruits, yogurts… a feast!
The AC was working fine and the internet as well.
The ryad is not cheap, but then there is nothing cheap in Rabat (compare to other towns in Morocco)
Overall, we had a nice and comfortable stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Sherazade room, located on the top floor. It's a rather large room but lond and...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Gt Missenden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed here for two days at the end of an eight day tour. It is a stunning Riad. Clean, spacious and well situated. However the most remarkable element was the hospitality. Our hosts, Najia and Salah could not do enough for us with advice on what to see and do and when they realised that I had eaten something that did not agree with me at our previous destination they prepared herbal teas, toast and offered me remedies for our onward journey. Najia also insisted on driving us to the station. If you visit this beautiful, relaxed city you absolutely must stay at this home from home.

Room Tip: They are all stunning - large, it and well furnished. Beautiful bathrooms
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We originally didn't plan on coming to Rabat from Marrakech, but we are so glad we did! We tried to book a place before we arrived but found that many of the nicer places were fully booked. We emailed Riad Zyo the night before and hadn't heard back so when we arrived in the medina, we assumed we were set for Zyo, but they were fully booked so they took us across the street to Ryad Karima.

The owners were very friendly upon our arrival and offered their room to us. We drank tea and ate delicious cookies as we waited for our room to be cleaned.

We had wonderful conversation with the owner, his son and the guests, although a lot of it was in French, which we don't speak. Overall, we were very pleased with our stay here. The ryad is beautifully done, with wonderful decorations and wood carvings surrounding. The breakfast was great, with lots of variety to choose from. The room and facilities were exceptionally clean and we were definitely made to feel at home by the owners.

Thank you for the wonderful hospitality!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelforlifePhoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

I stayed for 5 nights and it was wonderful. Excellent location. More like an oasis in the middle of chaos.

And for a newbie to Moroccan architecture and cuisine, this is a great initiation and the perfect place to stay while in Rabat.

The hoteliers are super helpful. Very warm and friendly. You get the feeling that they really really love what they do and it isn't just a job for them. I went on business and all my associates who came by (native Moroccan and those who have lived in the country for years) were also very impressed by the decor and the layout.

• Stayed May 2013
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

This riad is very pretty, recently built in the heart of the old medina. Their owners, Salah and Najia, were so kind and helpful. My luggage got lost connecting in Paris, and they lent me a pajamas, gave me any toiletries I needed the Sunday night I arrived in Rabat, and were really nice providing me with instructions and recommendation of how to get around in the city. Tea and breakfast were very good and fresh, the other guests were really interesting, and the whole atmosphere was friendly and relaxed. I really liked my experience there and I am sure I will stay at this riad every time I visit Rabat.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

We will definitely stay here again when we revisit Rabat. Very clean, great hosts, eat dinner there too! The food is wonderful. We had dinner there several nights. Great location in the medina and close to all highlights in Rabat.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Nbenson
Hastings on Hudson, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

We just got back from Morocco and I wanted to write a review of the extraordinary time we had at Ryad Dar Karima in Rabat. I had decided to take my mother to Morocco. She had always wanted to see it, but at the age of 89, the opportunity seemed to be slipping away. I wanted her to have a great ryad experience as part of her overall Moroccan experience. I read what seemed like hundreds of reviews of dozens of ryads trying to discern the combination of architectural beauty, convenience, cleanliness, and comfortable hospitality. Ryad Dar Karima was a little short on reviews but the ones I read hit a chord. The place sounded just right.
Well, Salah and Najia validated my incredible deductive powers. I really wanted the best for my mom, and in the back of my mind I hoped Ryad Dar Karima would be a great experience for her, and that it would exceed my most hopeful expectations. Well, it did. We only spent three nights there but by the end, if felt as if we had all known each other for years. And when we departed there were tears as if we were losing contact again with a couple of long lost friends.
The place is beautiful, and it is pristine - up to western standards, which is not always the case in Morocco. Salah is a contractor consultant by trade and he used his talents to great advantage in building his ryad. The rooms are beautiful, as is the center courtyard.
We ate our last two dinners at the ryad. If we had known better we would have eaten all 3. those were the best dinners we had in morocco and we have eaten in some excellent restaurants. One night he fixed a whole fish for each table. It was tremendous. We and the other guests sat around tables in the living room area. It was extremely comfortable and friendly as we passed conversation and exclaimed about the food. Breakfast was served in this room as well and again it was typical moroccan but one step better.
The owners went to all lengths to be helpful and took especially great care of my mother. I had wanted to find a driver to take us on a day trip to Fez. After calling several people Salah thought the cost was too high. So he decided to take us himself. He said it would be great opportunity to practice his English. He cleared his schedule we had a most memorable day in Fez traveling around with Salah. Staying at their Ryad was an incredible experience and a big part of our trip. I am grateful to Salah and his lovely wife Najia for their wonderful hospitality to my mother my wife and me.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family