“No thanks”

Ranked #37 of 42 Hotels in Rabat
Montreal, Canada
“No thanks”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed two nights and then changed the Hotel, My firt impression was a dark reception and an old lobby. At the reception the guy was busy playing chess online, seemshis match was more important then me...
I entered the room and I was a bit suprised, the room had a good size.
Then of course as usual you turn on the TV, zapping and not a single program with out disturbance, not possible to watch. Next step WiFi connect to read mails. Tja not so easy to get good coverage you have to sit at the door. On the bed soemtimes yes and sometimes no.

So I decided to go out to have dinner, stoppin gat the "consierge" to get a map and ask for a restaurant. What shall I say he was busy looking TV and not very interested t ohelp me directly.[at least he didn´t play chess with the guy at the reception ;-)] He pointed me in the direction of a restaurant,15 minutes walk nothing really around.

Lets jump a bit using the bathroom, you do not need to search for mold it is pretty obvious. (photos) The shower is pretty discussting and I was suprised that the water was clear and not braun.

You could not move the curtains only position was closed.

Something good to add as well I had a dinner and the waitres did not speak a word english, however she tried to help me to get something to eat and the meal was pretty good.

Room Tip: choose a different Hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Crumbs73

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Turkish first
Toronto Canada
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I stayed in this hotel four days. it is close to downtown and I appreciated the service. The staff is nice, the restaurant is clean and food is tasty. I can go on and on but this a hotel that I would like to recommend to everyone. Book through Trip Advisor.ca

Thanks

Momohe

Room Tip: second floor rooms are excellent with a view.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Luxor, Egypt
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Finally, I and my four friends managed to plan a four days stay at Hotel Oumlil to visit well known historical places of the city. It was an awesome stay. We had beautiful rooms, very well decorated and appointed with necessary things. Bathroom was big and clean. I had a great shower. All the staff members are very helping and free wifi was a big advantage. I will definitely recommend this place to my other friends and family members.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 7 March 2013

This hotel is good and well equipped, the beds are comfortable and the WiFi works inside the rooms. We would rate it as a 3.5 star. The dinner was very good but the breakfast let the hotel down (very poor selection). Seems to cater for tours so if you are traveling as a couple it may be a bit like a production line.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Do not go in this hotel! It's terrible and by no means it's a four star hotel! A dirty room, even dirtier bathroom, really the stuff that would make you go to your doctor back home to check if you've gotten something.

• Stayed December 2012

Travellers are raving about these Rabat hotels

Reviewed 2 December 2012

The room was really dirty and disgusting. There was mold in the bathroom and a strange unpleasant smell. The plaster was falling on the ground. The receptionist was rude and unhelpful. Don't go there.

• Stayed December 2012
Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed 9 February 2011

After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, I was weary of staying at the Oumlil, which I had to stay at because of a conference I was attending, but was positively surprised.
The hotel just got renovated and is much better. The furniture in the rooms are brand new and cosy. They have lots of light and free wifi in each room. The bathroom was clean. When we exchanged money, they gave us the exact stock exchange's rate of the day - which I had checked online before. The bar was just fine (although they tried to force us to eat in the restaurant instead of the cheaper bar one night, but it was quick and easy to convince them of the contrary), and although I was a woman they served me all the alcohol I asked for (I am referring here to previous reviews). The food might be the only real disappointment: the restaurant is extremely expensive and when we ate at the bar, they definitely ripped us off on the price - so make sure you ask for the menu with prices beforehand, whether it is at the bar or at the restaurant. Or just eat elsewhere, which will be much better anyway! The staff is just fine, not particularly friendly or helpful, although we were a very big group and they managed to cope with our constant changes on arrival and departure dates.
Oumlil deserves another try!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business