“Best resteraunt in Tangier!”
Review of Anna & Paolo

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Tangier, Morocco
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best resteraunt in Tangier!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Ive been coming to this restaurant for 14 years and its never disappointed! The service is always friendly, (at least one of the owners are there everey night and lunchtime) the place is cosy and the food is always a pleasure! Homemade pastas are authentic, lots and lots of vegetarian options to choice from! Goats cheese salad is a favorite, and you MUST try the deserts! Chocolate fondant my all-time favorite, but also the apple cake, strawberry tart and the homemade seasonal ice-creams are yummy!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Lauralatik

Maine
“A bit of Italy in Tangier”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We relied on trip advisor for this restaurant recommendation and were are, with. Y limited French, to find the restaurant. In a bustling city, it was a quiet respite. We had made reservations and we're seating promptly at a windows table, proving terrific people watching. The wine was inexpensive and delicious . We were serviced bread and olives with our bottle of wine which were both delicious and fresh. The menu has standard Italian fare and tasted like simple family restaurant meals we have had in Italy. The homemade fettuccine with pesto was perfect. The pasta was flavorful and slightly eggy with a good al dente bite. The pesto was pungent with garlic and fresh basil and tasted as if it had been recently made. My husbands veg lasagna was oozing with spinach and cheese. Both were ample portions, tasted fresh, full of herbs and delicate cheese. We were too full for dessert, sadly, at their tiramisu has been raved about. For a change from Moroccan food while in Tangier, visit Anna &Paolo.

• Visited May 2014
Marbella, Spain
“A delightful discovery!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My 2 young daughters and I travelled from Spain to Tangier and had a few hours to spare before taking the overnight train to Marrakech. My husband suggested we had dinner at Anna & Paolo (he had researched it on the net). It was a perfect idea. I felt embarrassed to be turning up at the restaurant with all our luggage in tow, this was clearly not a problem for Anna who treated me like a long lost friend! The restaurant wasn't officially open (it was just before 8pm) but nevertheless Anna welcomed us in with open arms. The small, enchanting restaurant quickly became jam-packed with friendly, smiley faces. It seems that everyone enjoys to chat to each other. The dinner was delicious, unfortunately we only had time for a main course, both of my girls chose a pasta whilst I tucked into the delicious fillet steak with Roquefort sauce. Exquisite! The wine (red) was also excellent. Relaxed and replenished, we hopped on to our train ready for the overnight journey to Marrakech. I couldn't think of a better way to while away a couple of hours in Tangier. We will be back!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Diane G
warwickshire
“Probably The best Restaurant in Tanger”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Anna & Paolo have been running this gem of a restaurant for some fifteen years now and it consistently excels in every respect . The restaurant is European / Italian and serves some of the best food anywhere in the world. I love raw beef and am always happy to eat it here in the form of Carpaccio - there are not that many restaurants in "sanitised" Europe that I would trust to serve raw beef - so that tells reams about their superb quality.
Their fillet steaks , Saltimbocca and other escalopes are really fab . Their Pizza & Pasta are also really fab ..
Good selection of wines - a good red is Sahari Reserve . If you visit Tanger you must eat here.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank horacebull
Tanger
“Never disapointed...”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I come to this restaurant for more than 10 years.
It s my favorite restaurant in Tangier.
Anna and Paolo are friendly, they speak french, spanish and italian of course.
The pizza are very good ( ask for the Biskmark, is not on the menu anymore, but i love it).
You can t be disapointed with the pasta neither.
The meat is good ( witch is not so easy in Morocco ).
It s not overpriced,
All this reasons explain why this restaurant is so popular in tangier for over a decade.

• Visited February 2014