Dar Omar Khayam
Hotels.com
M'Nar Park(Tangier)
US$73
  • Pool
All reviewsone nightertrain stationwithin walking distancepensionportferrymedina
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We spent one night in Tangier before catching the ferry to Spain and this hotel fit the bill. Our room was large and had air conditioning, which was very necessary! The only negative was that the bathroom floor didn't drain well after we showered so it stayed wet throughout our stay.

There was a pleasant courtyard area where we ate breakfast. Even though the breakfast was only a couple of pastries it was free so we weren't complaining.

The hotel is within walking distance of the ferry terminal (15 minutes) and the train station (20-25 minutes, but doable).

The staff was very friendly at check in and check out.

For the price, this place was fine. If you have to stay in Tangier (next time we will be skipping it!), this is a good spot.

Room Tip: Our room looked over the back and was relatively quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rachel S
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Tanger was first stop in my vacation around morocco and I love city so much. But not this place. Because they did not so helpful to find me cheap places and taxis. First night they give me awful room that had disgustin smell and dirty sheets with No blanket and the man did not like the tip. Next day the guy called Rida gave me better room. But it was No quiet there was an instruction and they were paintin the outside of hotel so some paintings came intihar my room. Anyway I stay there for six days. I was planning to stay much more but ı Dis not like. Cleaning lady was nice, there was nothing in breakfast except butter and jam( No tasty because they were not naturel) anyway the departure day they call me Taxi and I paid 50 dirhems which is only 16 dirhems costs.

So after I go Other cities and get experienced about moroccon riads( in marrakech and essaouria meknes, there are beautifıl traditional riads)I can say this place is expensive with that kind of service which is not profeasional.
If you go tanger stay in a hotel or hostel which are cleaner and cheaper

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Mistiki
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We were ushered to our room and found a swarm of 10-12 flats buzzing in the center of the room. The person showing us to the room acted as if he didn't notice handed us the key and walked out. We closed the windows and began killing flies which was a first for us. The room is very basic and the bed is not comfortable at all.

The bathroom is small and looks to have been poorly planned addition as there is a three foot gap between the ceiling and the top of the bathroom wall. Not much privacy there. The shower is just a showerhead attached to the bathroom wall above some wooden panel for you to stand on. We had not seen that since we were in Bolivia.

I looked through all the picture on trip advisor beige booking and thought the deal great. I was wrong and the pictures I saw were not of the room we were given.

Only stay here if you need a cheap bed before catching a ferry to Spain.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Corolla5
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is housed in a nice old building which used to be a christian convent.
the nicest about it is the garden and the outdoor living room where you can have breakfast or sip a drink.
the staff is welcoming and nice.
Breakfast in the garden was really nice (European style)
They do have really nice rooms, for some reason we ended up getting one that was really basic on the ground floor, and was not like the pictures seen on the reservation site.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the room that is shown on the pictures try to book directly rather than through reservation sites because they add up costs when you show up due to high fees from the reservation sites.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank deborah75001
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Tangier was our first stop in our Moroccan trip after a total of 9-hour flight. We could spend more money for the hotel, but we needed one night stay before the train-ride to Fez. Since my husband had a knee issue, they gave us a room downstairs right next to the reception desk, although they prepared us a room upstairs. The room we got was not a good one. You can hear the conversation at the reception desk. The bed was all right, but toilet and shower in the same area was not my cup of tea. The breakfast they served next day was plentiful and great. There was only one person working in the kitchen and reception. He managed to get us a taxi and breakfast in time. He was very courteous and kind. The room we supposed to have might be better than one we got. I will not declare that we had a poor choice of a place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple