“A reasonable accommodation but go outside for a dinner.”
Review of Kenzi Solazur

Kenzi Solazur
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Tangier
Reviewed 26 April 2012

The hotel is located right at the beachfront so it offers nice view of the sea. I had single executive room that was furnished in a modern way. A king size bed was really comfy and not too soft, flat TV hung on the opposite wall and a table with a chair was right below it. There was a safe and air conditioning that I did not need to use now in the late April. The bathroom was equipped with a mid-sized bathtub, a basin and a hairdryer. Both the room and the bathroom were tidy and clean. I was satisfied with the breakfast, the variety was not mind-blowing but I got along with scrambled eggs, some sausage and cheese, wide choice of pastry and some fruit. The hotel has a Moroccan restaurant which is highly overpriced. They offer tagine or couscous for 140 dirhams, while you can get the same for 45-60 in any restaurant along the beachfront street. The hotel has its own spa and an outside pool neither one we used. The last positive point goes for the wifi connection that is free of charge and available in rooms as well as in the main lobby. And make note that the beachfront street is quite loud until late night and the noise infiltrates through the windows.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Kulda
There are newer reviews for Kenzi Solazur

Reviewed 19 April 2012

With no other experience of Morocco hotels I am not sure how Solazur compares with the rest but is probably at the higher end of what is on offer in Tangier, and at EUR 85 per night reasonably priced. Nicely situated on the beachfront, my room unfortunatley overloooked the side street and was functional at best, pretty univiting other than to sleep in. The hotel interior is all clean and tidy but very economically styled and with little atmosphere, despite the best efforts of the duo playing to us in the Piano Bar. The budget was mostly spent in the basement spa which is pretty good. The hamman is well worth the fair price and the ladies running the show are friendly enough. In contrast the service above ground, at the front desk, on the door and in the bars and restaurants is awful. These folk really could not care less. Bizarrely there were a couple of people in sleeping bags in the doorway to what liked the nightclub so I think this "occupation" suggests that the strike mentioned in an earlier review continues. A place therefore probably best to avoid until they have better staff relations

Room Tip: Aim for a sea view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Felt compelled to write my first review after having a really pleasant stay at the Solazur.
Hotel was completely refitted end of 2011 and is bright, modern and clean, but with a few traditional elements thrown in. In my experience the staff are extremely professional and polite. Everyone I've come in contact with from the desk staff to the bar staff and waiters have been fantastic. Through work me and my colleagues can literally stay at any hotel in Tanger and after experiencing pretty much all of them between us we agree that everything considered the Solazur is the best in Tanger! My only comment (not complaint) would be the rooms on the front have an amazing view of the beach and medina but have some traffic (not disco) noise if you are a light sleeper, but the rooms on the back are very quiet, just no sea view. Bed is very comfy, loads of pillows (and towels).
The restaurants are great (2 plus a buffet) and although there are some cheaper places around the quality of the food and service is superb. Buffet breakfast is pretty good, great selection, the andalucia is the only one with a better breakfast buffet. There is some live music in both bars most afternoons / nights and the guy playing piano and singing classical tunes was excellent to unwind to after a long day. The barman in the seafront bar must get a special mention too, he even made me a traditional hot toddie when he saw I had a cold! All in all a really good hotel, I've just been here a month and not once felt like moving anywhere else.

Room Tip: Get a seaview room floor 6 or above. great views!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank paul w
Solazur, Director of Sales at Kenzi Solazur, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Greetings from Hotel Husa Solazur Business & SPA

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us on TripAdvisor.

Our staff appreciates your kind comments concerning the service and accommodation provided to you.

We are very pleased to learn that your stay with us was as per your expectations. Your appreciation is what encourages and motivates us in making every moment enjoyable.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and hospitality of The ladies and Gentlemen of the Hotel Husa Solazur

Reviewed 29 March 2012

It was actually quite a pleasant surprise arriving at the Husa Solazur. "OK" priced (75 euros single room....i say ok because there are a hell of a lot of good deals in Tangier these days), and the room was impeccable, very comfortable, clean, and an ok selection of TV channels. Internet worked as well, which was nice.
Such a shame when you're enjoying a hotel and then something goes disastrously wrong. I thought id order room service, as i was exhausted, and just wanted to get some sleep. An HOUR later food hadnt arrived, so i called up, to be told that it was on its way. "will be there in 10 mins sir". HALF AN HOUR later, still nothing, so i called, to be told "waiter is on his way". 15 mins after that, i called, (this time slightly annoyed!!), to be told waiter is on its way. How far is the waiter coming from i thought? One thing is to be kept waiting 1 45 mins for your room service, another thing is to be lied at TWICE. Finally it arrived, the Filet (expensive) was overcooked and cold.
Next morning when i checked out, i explained my little problem of the night before, and the guy at the reception told me it was not his problem. Shocked by his comment ! Then who's problem was it? Mine maybe, kind of like "tough luck buddy". I asked him to take the cost off my bill, and he looked at me like if i was completely nuts. I couldnt be bothered with an argument, just wanted to leave.
As i say, such a shame, could be a top place this.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Steve B
Solazur, Director of Sales at Kenzi Solazur, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience(s) on Trip advisor. Hotel Husa Solazur take all feedbacks seriously and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations on your stay with us.

On your stay experiences, we were not performing our usual customer service standard and for that we sincerely apologize. Our hotel had reviewed your feedback in detail with our duty manager and food & beverage manager to further improve our service level.

We are sorry that our hotel had disappointed you with the delay regarding your room service order in addition of the incorrect treatment at the reception . Hope you can contact us through the email kzizi@husa.es and let us know your room number for further follow up.

Again, we do appreciate your feedback and will ensure that our hotel continue to improve on the customer service and product in order to enhance the overall experience for your next stay.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

The husa solazur is a beautiful, modern hotel that was a joy to return to after a day of wandering through the old city! The staff was excellent, friendly and helpful. The pool was so nice after a hot day in the city; very refreshing and relaxing. The head bartender was awesome, a total gentleman!

I would absolutely stay there again if ever we find ourselves in Tangiers

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fati b
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We booked this hotel on the recomendation of a Spanish travel agent and we were pleased. The Hotel has been recently renovated. The design is very cool blend of ultra modern and traditional North African elements.
The rooms had all new furniture and new fittings in the bathroom. They were very clean. In the morning we had a great breakfast included with our stay. The buffet included a wide array of hot and cold items.The staff was helpful, changing money for us and giving us directions.
One draw back was that across the street there are many discos and on Saturday night they were loud. Even with the windows closed you could hear the noise.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MartyVV
Reviewed 29 February 2012

This hotel looks modern from the outside, but is one of the city's grand old hotels. It was good enough for Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor - back in the day there were many showbiz parties here in the 60s/70s. Now, things are a little faded, but the place has character!
Old doesn't mean dirty or unhygienic, the place was kept clean during our stay, we had a great week there, there were many other British families there at the time, (though Tangier doesn't feature in British holiday brochures much now, so will be less busy with UK guests). The President of Morocco was visiting the hotel, having a meeting in the room next to ours.... Imagine my suprise when I went along the corridor and thought I had reached my room,I went to open the door, and startled the presidents bodyguards who thought I was trying to get in to his room! Soon realised I was at the wrong room.
High rooms can have great views, so ask to be as high as you can, there are lifts, though the grand central staircase down to the foyer is a wide and grand way to make your entrance! One very windy night, the high winds rattled the window frame noisily for half the night; a kindly old member of staff was sent up, and he improvised a clever way to stop it happening, giving us peace and quiet, he and all the other staff were very friendly and helpful, the restaurant service was good. The menu for the evening meal would be posted on the wall by the lifts each day, with various titles of main courses, but most of them turned out to be a beef stew each evening (very tasty it was, too!) and there were plenty of other choices on the buffet. There were little backstreet supermarkets within 5 minutes walk behind the hotel, and a pleasant seafront walk along the front into the town. trains along the seafront pass quietly a few times a day, with just as they are slowly pulling in to the station a few hundred yards away, so you're not by a noisy high speed rail line.
The beach was huge, and sandy, though it was often breezy while we were there, so the sand was blowing in the air, but I'm sure that wouldn't be a permanent feature. At the time of our visit there would be a few family activities during the day and a disco (soundproofed) down in the basement lounge, but this is not a noisy, package tour crowd type of hotel.
The Solazur is basically a good mid-class choice compared to backstreet guesthouses and cheap hotels by the port. That makes it good middle of the road standard, without the real grandeur of the few grand places like the El Menzah in the centre, or the worry about cleanliness in the little places the locals use. It's not quite what we think of as 4 star any more.The location is good for walking to anywhere, no taxis or buses needed to get around really, 15 minutes stroll gets you well on the way to many parts of the town towards the medina and kasbah but taxis are there, and cheap. We went out by train to other towns, the next seaside town down the coast called Asilah is pretty enough for the short train ride for an afternoon out.

Room Tip: There are some duplex family rooms, like a suite with a staircase up to another bedroom upstairs whi...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family