Atlas les Almohades Tanger
US$100
Kenzi Solazur(Tangier)
US$66
US$59
Riad Arous Chamel(Tangier)(Great Value!)
US$56
US$113
Dar Yasmine(Tangier)
US$85
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbedside tableminute walk to the medinalovely balconylarge bathroomthe location is perfectrooms are cleanremoteferrycurtainschefchaouenspanish
Reviewed 25 January 2014

A hotel with racist and xenophobic reception and a favoured roost for prostitutes. I have stayed in a lot of hotels all around the world and the Atlas Almohades is by far the worst I have ever experienced.

The receptionist was racist and xenophobic and made it clear he did not want to serve my nationality. Whilst asking for directions he would actually just turn & walk-away, preferring to help customers who were obviously 'more local'. I've never seen anything like it. He became aware that I had found out his name so I could complain to management. Whilst I was getting directions from the very helpful concierge, this receptionist rudely interrupted and started shouting in my face "what's the problem, what's the problem" and then walked away laughing loudly. On arrival the receptionist failed to inform me about any of the facilities in the hotel such as the gym and the availability of breakfast in my room. The room itself had no hotel guide so I missed breakfast.

The hotel is next to the beach and a lot of nightclubs which are open till gone 4am. The hotel also has a loud music bar downstairs and a nightclub upstairs. You will struggle to get any sleep here. Both bars are popular with prostitutes. I was hounded by one who wouldn't take no for an answer. The bar staff didn't care less and even allowed her to try to put a drink on my bill.

My room had a wardrobe that was falling apart and unpainted plaster repairs across the ceiling. A lot of items in the room where either missing or broken, including the air conditioning. The bed sheets where worn and thin and did not fit the bed. Meaning they would come off the bed in the night leaving me sleeping on a bare stained mattress.

I did get breakfast on my second day. I was glad I missed it the first day. The only thing that was edible was some croissants.

Whilst at this hotel I emailed both the group head office and hotel manager and emailed them again on returning home. No reply.

I've slept in 5 star hotels and 2 star hostels. Leaky tents and storm battered boats. The Atlas Almohades will always be remembered as the worst experience I have ever had.

Room Tip: Try one of the sea view rooms at a completely different hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
10  Thank PassMeMyPassport
Reviewed 9 December 2013

checked in this hotel with friends, nice beach front property , helpful staff, enjoyed the stay best part is the location, it is on a very vibrant street, highly recommendable. food quality is good, but not great. enjoyed the club on top.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Stayed for 2 nights on business trip. The hotel is excellently located and has a wide lobby. Free parking is available. Breakfast quality a bit below expectation in a bit inhospitable dining / restaurant room, but with nice Moroccan crêpes made on location. The room was ok regarding space, but had a decrepit wardrobe and in general was needing refurbishment. The bathroom was good though. Service for assistance in the room (e.g. replacement of safe batteries) was disastrous, had to call several times for having it done.
With a little effort from management and staff, this might certainly be a much better hotel than it currently is. I hope that shortcoming will be addressed soon...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank PAlmeida55
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Good position. City center in front of the beach. Nice staf and good service. Large rooms
Good Breakfast with local specialties. Correct price. I really recomend this hotel. Interesting live band in saloon bar.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The hotel is located on the road facing the Atlantic ocean front. We got to stay in a suite-room with 2 sea facing balconies. A comfortable place to stay in Tangier. The service is very good, particularly considering that the bathroom shower had problems and on reporting (at 9 PM) it was promptly replaced/repaired and made functional. The breakfast spread was quite good, even though we asked for it at 5 AM in the morning to be able to catch the early ferry to Spain.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple