El Oumnia Puerto
US$117
US$114
US$99
Agoda.com
All reviewssmall fridgewalking distance to the beachnice poolfree wifihairdryermedina
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Very nice hotel if you're staying in Tangier. They have a very nice lobby and the rooms are all very clean and well appointed. The staff is all very friendly and speak English well. Breakfast is included and is very good. There is free wifi in the lobby and you can also request an ethernet cable at the front desk to do internet in your room at no charge. The internet is pretty fast too. Overall, a great hotel if you're staying in the Tangier area.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2011

I can't find much to fault here. Our room was big and comfortable. The hotel is well appointed and the staff are friendly.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Thomas H
Reviewed 4 May 2011

This hotel is the cleanest and best I have stayed in Morocco so far. There is a large swimming pool with beautiful surrounding gardens. The Ibiza restaurant staff were very friendly and quick to serve. The bedroom was spacious, with 3 beds (2 more than I needed) and clean bathroom with shower over the bath. Plenty of clean soft fluffy white towels, very clean crisp white sheets, and extra plastic-wrapped pillows (new or freshly laundered perhaps) and blankets in the wardrobe. A working safe in the spacious wardrobe. Large flatscreen TV with plentiful selection of local and satellite channels. We even managed to watch the Royal Wedding in English! There is a cash dispenser in the lobby. The lobby lounge area is spacious and cool. The staff are very helpful and even went out to find me an adaptor so I could use my English hairdryer. This hotel is within walking distance of the Medina, which is 15 minutes away. It is right across the main road from Tangier beach. There are plenty of coffee shops and ice cream parlours on the same road. I recomment the Galopeo Ice which served amazing pancakes :-) Will definitely return!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2010

My partner and I stayed in the El Oumnia Puerto hotel for one night whilst on a short stay in Tangier. The hotel is nice looking but just a standard 4* hotel and nothing spectacular for the price.

The room was a twin room which was clean and spacious. We overlooked the pool which looked well maintained and quite large, although we didn't use it as our stay was in October.

The bar in the hotel had a nice atmosphere and décor although the lighting was rather dim. It did serve alcoholic drinks but at a high price! The high speed internet in the lobby was free and had the added bonus of a printer which came in very handy.

The buffet breakfast was nice and the Moroccan style spiced fruit was delicious. There was a nice selection of pastries, fruit, meats and a tasty Moroccan soup. There was also the traditional mint tea served in a large teapot. The only downside to the breakfast was that I thought the coffee was horrible but that could just be personal taste.

The staff seemed friendly enough and spoke good English. The hotel is in a good location, there are some lovely coffee places nearby and it's not to far to walk into town. There is a lovely restaurant just across the road from the hotel. The only con was that I didn't have a very good nights sleep as we had the window in the room open all night and there was alot of outside noises.

Overall I would recommend this hotel but don't expect anything special.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HanWha
Reviewed 14 October 2010

El Oumnia Puerto is located close to the beach but within walking distance of the medina. The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. There were plenty of towels in the bathroom and the hair dryer was pretty good. The free high speed internet was a definite plus. The TV had only one English channel but that didn't bother me; I really didn't expect more.

The pool was well maintained and a lovely place to spend the afternoon.

The breakfast buffet was limited, though on the weekend there were made to order omelets available. During the week I saw omelets and espressos being taken to other tables but I limited myself to the coffee and food at the buffet.

I had beer at the outdoor bar which was pretty expensive but convenient. I did not eat in the restaurant other than breakfast.

Overall, I had a very pleasant stay at El Oumnia Puerto.

• Stayed: September 2010