Chellah Hotel Tangier
US$104
US$84
US$78
Travelocity
Mnar Castle Hotel Apartments(Tangier)
US$122
US$115
Travelocity
US$45
US$41
M'Nar Park(Tangier)
US$73
  • Pool
All reviewsworked finelots of hot waterlobby areamedinacorridorarabic
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Stayed for two nights as part of trip from costa del sol. Trip on coach was fine but this hotel is basic to say the least.
Rooms were clean but no proper pillows and bathrooms needed complete overhaul. Electric wiring looked dodgy. First room we were given had no shower clip on wall nor a plug for the bath- to be fair we were given another room fairly quickly but the receptionist was surly and barely acknowledged us.
The trip was half board- breakfast was fine and staff in restaurant were good but choice of cola,fanta or water didn't help the pretty poor food. We didn't bother the second night and ate elsewhere. We were told the lack of alcohol license was for one week only but as previous reviewer found the same last week I doubt we were being told the truth.
On asking the doorman to arrange a taxi for us we were told to walk as it was close enough! As we'd been pounding the streets all day we were glad when another member of staff did sort it.
Tangier was great- the Chellah wasn't.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mummygi
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I first stayed here 34 years ago when it was also a fine hotel, but then it was winter and I hadn't appreciated its lovely gardens and fine pool.

The hotel is quite elegant, yet utterly informal, located roughly where the older part of town blends with the newer, more affluent area - in a residential street where life goes on around you, but not intrusively so. It is well used by the local community who are first to breakfast shortly after 7am (before the sleepy foreigners around 8.30); and then again congregating in the evening and/or when there is a decent match on the telly .. or taking coffee with friends.

It is interesting to observe how contented the staff genuinely were, something you rarely would see in a similar business in the UK.

The hotel wasn't licensed when I stayed, but there are several grocery stores near by who sell wine (they will uncork on request) and beer. In your room you may have a fridge, or can request one.

The hotel also has a splendid beach restaurant (that is licensed) that is about a kilometre away on the seafront that will give you a good lunch (also open in the evening) after which you can swim and/or siesta on the beach.

I started and finished my week's trip here, staying 3 nights in all, and leaving the bulk of my luggage so that I could travel light to Assilah for a midweek break.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank LesFlamantsRoses
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I booked this hotel on the basis of the lovely photos of the pool and shady gardens. Be warned that this oasis had loud rock music pumped into it all afternoon, and I wasn't going to be the only woman in the pool.... The hotel seemed to be used predominantly by Moroccans, and so all the women remained in their long dresses and headscarves. I hope my daughter, busily playing with her brother, didn't notice that she was the only female swimming or indeed even in a swimming costume. The Lift and the rooms, including the bathrooms, are all "tired".... Not quite shabby, but not far off..... There is a substantial buffet breakfast included, the location is reasonably central, and the wifi worked- slowly- in the front lobby. But don't go there hoping to impress or be impressed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Catherine K
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Let me start by saying it took over 1 hour to check-in my reserved room. The hotel manager is very rude while the front desk staff is professional and helpful. The rooms are clean with very efficient a/c but are outdated compared to lobby and rest of hotel. I bought a package that included breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and my hats off to the chef, every meal was to my liking and I rarely ate outside of hotel rest. Overall, my feelings are mixed about this hotel, It's in a great location but I felt like somethings were sketchy and unprofessional at times as I had to pay 1 Euro for every "local" phone call (when the currency is Dirham). I would not stay here again or recommend to any solo travelers mainly due to spontaneous decisions of hotel regarding money.

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony overlooking the pool are perfect for both day & night weather.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2013

aged hotel by means of the facility and provided services. No internet of any kind in this hotel, The manager claims availability of internet in the lobby (he right, there is signal without connection). The price of this hotel is good, close to many shops, nice restaurants but I don't recommend this hotel for business travelers.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business