“As a morrocan ”

Chellah Hotel Tangier
Ranked #36 of 44 Hotels in Tangier
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

This the pricer are very high for what you expect everything in the hotel is very old they need to change everything from the outside look and the rooms im sorry to say this but i found some coucarotch inside the room and omg the tv's -_- they're from the 80s hahahhah

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ilyassova

Reviewed 11 May 2014

A group of friends and I stayed at the Chellah Hotel in Tangier for about a week during the early summer. The breakfast buffet/ dining area is nice and open, with a good selection of breakfast items. The hotel itself was clean and fairly nice looking. We had no real concerns!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eva B
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I don't think a penny has been put into this place in the last 40 years. The shower head sprayed as much water on the ceiling as it did on me. There was no shampoo but there was soap. We had an electrical outlet hanging from the wall which was unusable. The door locked such that you could see into the room and a good kick would have got you in so we had to carry our large camera out with us for dinner as I did not feel it was secure in the room. This room literally made me homesick it was so outdated. Cheap comes with a price.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the pool, you'll hear less traffic.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 November 2013

After our second visit to the Hotel Chellah we can only sing it's praises even more. Everything was perfect. The cleanliness of the hotel is incredible, as for the staff, I can honestly say that we haven't encountered such obliging staff in all the years of our travels. Mr Mohammed the head of reception deserves a special mention, he really made our stay enjoyable, nothing is too much trouble. The waiters are superior and it seems as if their sole reason for being there is to make sure you have a great meal.
The Chellah is basic, but you have to rationalise what you pay to what you expect and the Chellah far surpasses our expectations.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel overlooking the pool are quieter than those at the front overlooking...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Stayed for two nights as part of trip from costa del sol. Trip on coach was fine but this hotel is basic to say the least.
Rooms were clean but no proper pillows and bathrooms needed complete overhaul. Electric wiring looked dodgy. First room we were given had no shower clip on wall nor a plug for the bath- to be fair we were given another room fairly quickly but the receptionist was surly and barely acknowledged us.
The trip was half board- breakfast was fine and staff in restaurant were good but choice of cola,fanta or water didn't help the pretty poor food. We didn't bother the second night and ate elsewhere. We were told the lack of alcohol license was for one week only but as previous reviewer found the same last week I doubt we were being told the truth.
On asking the doorman to arrange a taxi for us we were told to walk as it was close enough! As we'd been pounding the streets all day we were glad when another member of staff did sort it.
Tangier was great- the Chellah wasn't.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mummygi
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I first stayed here 34 years ago when it was also a fine hotel, but then it was winter and I hadn't appreciated its lovely gardens and fine pool.

The hotel is quite elegant, yet utterly informal, located roughly where the older part of town blends with the newer, more affluent area - in a residential street where life goes on around you, but not intrusively so. It is well used by the local community who are first to breakfast shortly after 7am (before the sleepy foreigners around 8.30); and then again congregating in the evening and/or when there is a decent match on the telly .. or taking coffee with friends.

It is interesting to observe how contented the staff genuinely were, something you rarely would see in a similar business in the UK.

The hotel wasn't licensed when I stayed, but there are several grocery stores near by who sell wine (they will uncork on request) and beer. In your room you may have a fridge, or can request one.

The hotel also has a splendid beach restaurant (that is licensed) that is about a kilometre away on the seafront that will give you a good lunch (also open in the evening) after which you can swim and/or siesta on the beach.

I started and finished my week's trip here, staying 3 nights in all, and leaving the bulk of my luggage so that I could travel light to Assilah for a midweek break.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank LesFlamantsRoses
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I booked this hotel on the basis of the lovely photos of the pool and shady gardens. Be warned that this oasis had loud rock music pumped into it all afternoon, and I wasn't going to be the only woman in the pool.... The hotel seemed to be used predominantly by Moroccans, and so all the women remained in their long dresses and headscarves. I hope my daughter, busily playing with her brother, didn't notice that she was the only female swimming or indeed even in a swimming costume. The Lift and the rooms, including the bathrooms, are all "tired".... Not quite shabby, but not far off..... There is a substantial buffet breakfast included, the location is reasonably central, and the wifi worked- slowly- in the front lobby. But don't go there hoping to impress or be impressed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family