Hotel Slipway
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$237
US$224
US$335
US$122
US$119
Sea Cliff Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
US$360
Travelocity
US$161
US$133
Hotels.com
New Africa Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
US$179
US$127
Agoda.com
Tanzanite Executive Suites(Dar es Salaam)
US$268
US$95
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswaterfront restaurantbongoyo islandsouvenir shopsnew sectionshopping complexhotel areabusiness tripno lifttravel agentrooms are basicsea viewthe hotel managersmall rooma wonderful stayindian oceanbusiness travelernice pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We had been to Dar es Salaam a week before while my husband was on a business trip and stayed at another hotel. Needless to say, even though the other hotel had a pool, it did not offer anything else that my children were interested in. The Slipway had comfortable rooms, and there were lots of things on site and nearby that I could do to keep my children busy while we were there - a playground, restaurants, bank, travel agency, bookstore, grocery store, and the kiosk markets (both there and down the road). We went for a walk every morning to see what the fishermen and women caught. One day, we took the ferry to Bongoyo Island and stayed all day to play on the beach!

The staff was wonderful! Our room was cleaned every day. Every time I needed laundry done, it came back within 3 hours (plus it was cheaper than all of the other places we had stayed in!)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank StephanieMcD
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We stayed two nights at Slipway which is part of a shopping centre and overlooking Oyster Bay. We were well served at arrival. Our rooms at 2nd floor (above the reception ) were very nice and up to European standards. Most of the rooms had beautiful view of the bay with anchored boats. The breakfast was reasonable; the waiters seemed to be rather forgetful regarding our orders. I had some clothes washed but one piece was not mine and it could not be corrected before we left. The ordered shuttle service functioned well. The surroundings were good if you wanted to look at souvenirs and minor necessities. A sea-side restaurant among others was situated just below the hotel - nice to sit in the afternoon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to the sea
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank POlsen
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I came to the hotel right after my 83yr old mother broke her arm. I was very upset, trying to get an early flight home, and the staff were sooooo amazingly kind. They helped her up the stairs, and in an out of chairs. The receptionist helped me make phone calls to travel agents. It was the perfect place to stay after an emergency because there was a grocery store right below, and different shops within the complex. The room was elegant, and we had a view of the ocean, which was comforting. We only stayed one night, but I will never forget the staff's compassion.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Keira4
Reviewed 16 June 2011

I stayed whilst teaching at Muhimbili for two weeks. The staff were really friendly and even arranged some trips for us(Thank you Sultan and Dixon). Efficient pick up from the airport ( as recent concerns about un-registered taxis). As I was on my own some of the time it was not an intimidating environment and there are nice places to eat out in the evening. Its also by the sea which is lovely and near the boat you can take to Bongomoyo island( a great treat)Plus near supermarket and ATM. Traffic into town OK as long as you leave early in both directions!

Room Tip: as for sea view
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 December 2010

It was my first time to travel to Tanzania to attend a conference and I have been checking out hotels in Tanzania accommodations, pictures and prices. Slipway has the most affordable rate for me with very friendly staff. They respond to emails very fast and has reliable taxi company associates.
It has cafe and restaurants around, a grocery store, kiosk selling various beautiful items at very reasonable prizes (cheaper than the bazaar we went into in Bagamoyo) and most especially a dollar exchange shop and barkley bank just in the same building.
Only thing, the singing from the restaurant could be heard inside the room so it was noisy but we were very tired we never noticed when the party has ended.

Over all rate: Very happy. When I come back to Tanzania, I would still like to stay here. Love it!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business