“WHAT A PLEASURE!”

Hotel South Beach Resort Dar Es Salaam
Ranked #34 of 96 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Loved staying here with my family. The staff and Management were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and inviting. The pool was gorgeous..and the beach so beautiful!!!

If you are travelling with children then I recommend this place.

There are a couple of things I would suggest the Management to improve on, one is to warn Customers not to drink water out of the taps in the bathroom in their rooms. It was explained to me later that the supply was from bore holes near by. However plenty of bottled water is supplied in the rooms. Secondly, my little Nephew got stung by a jelly fish in the sea while paddling, which was unfortunate, but we would have appreciated a warning beforehand, it would have saved us lot of panic. The Boy was well within about 20 mins. No damage was done. Ice and vinegar did the trick! The staff were very helpful. :o)

We felt happy and safe here.

Room Tip: The view from the 3rd floor is beautiful. The sunrises are memorising! :o)
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ZBarnard
There are newer reviews for Hotel South Beach Resort Dar Es Salaam

Reviewed 9 September 2013

I went to Hotel South Beach from 04.09.13 - 06.09. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made!
The hotel is surrounded by a high wall and has several security checkpoints you must go through. Around the property there are also several guards. This can probably sounds a little scary, but in Dar es Salaam, this is highly desirable. The staff have an excellent service, and you are particularly well treated. They are aware of you and your needs at any time.
I did not visit the restaurant while I was there, when I only had room service.
The rooms are lovely furnished with premium bedding, and pressure in the shower is particularly good to be in Tanzania.

I would recommend to order a taxi through the hotel both on arrival and departure, as this is the absolute safest and easiest, despite the fact that this is a good deal more expensive than finding oneself.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Cecilie H
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I have stayed at Hotel South Beach three times now.

The first I was only there for 16 hours or so, mostly staying for sleeping and a hot shower.

The second time I was there for 2 nights and during this time they were reconstructing and fixing the HUGE hot tub, which isn't hot but more like "room" temp with jets. And the pool was drained. This was a big bummer because after getting there we just wanted to jump right in, however we were unable on our stay.

The third time I stayed at Hotel South Beach, the "hot tub" was filled and so was the pool. And we LOVED it! It is a very fun place to stay, the food is delicious, however, is over priced for the amount/quality of the food. The staff was ALWAYS friendly and nice, the beach bar closes early.

The internet is not something to count on. If i happen to be there while you are there, just ask or find me haha and I will give you my modem to use to check emails, facebook, etc...

Room Tip: Every room I have been in has been great, but if I had one suggestion, it would be to be on one of t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I was just in the beach and pool, not hosted in the resort. It's was one of my best african experience. The place is so quiet and relaxing. The sea is incredibly blue and so clean. The services is perfect. I was there twice and both times I would never go back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This hotel about 10km away from dar es salaam town, seems good to relax but they are playing music all day long and the hotel looks like those big and cheap all inclusive resort in nord africa or spain.
I would recommend kipepeo 200 meter before, much more authentic

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Hotel South Beach Resort had all their rooms with fantastic view of the Indian Ocean, what else can you ask for. The beds were huge and the children slept very well. Hardly paid pennies for such a great stay. The food was awesome, Indian menus and kids meal were the best. They picked up from the ferry at a premium but we were very safe as their staff were there with a paging board. They securely kept our passports so we did not have to worry about them. The pool was clean and staff very attentive.

Room Tip: Pickup and Drop at a premium from the Hotel is better than looking for transport on your own. Others...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2013

The hotel staff was extremely friendly and courteous. Their food was DELICIOUS. The hotel is extremely safe, has a gorgeous beach, beautiful views from the rooms and a great family feel to it. I would highly recomment this hotel ...

Room Tip: all rooms have exceptional views
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family