“Wonderful Food and a Great Atmosphere”
Review of Addis in Dar

Addis in Dar
Ranked #2 of 324 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I'd heard about Addis in Dar, but just visited on an impulse and I'll certainly be back again. The restaurant is on an outside terrace on the first floor with wonderful atmospheric lighting from many candles and the lights shaded by colourful umbrellas!
The tables are traditional Ethiopian woven tables with a tray in the middle in which the food is served on a large plate covered with injera (a large thin sourdough flatbread made of fermented teff flour). There was also a basket of rolls of injera, which at first I had thought were hot towels! These are used to eat the food with your fingers as the hot dishes are just poured onto the injera on the plate and you help yourself to what you want. I had red lentils, and 2 kinds of bure (beef) watt, one very spicy and the other milder and a lovely spicy prawn dish.
The staff were very friendly, courteous and helpful when it came to choosing the dishes and the service was good.
Altogether a different and memorable and I will definitely be visiting regularly now!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

What an incredible way to spend an evening in Dar. Amazing traditional Ethiopian cuisine served on traditional tables, creating an incredible atmosphere whether you're there with friends or a significant other. Topped off with good service and excellent Ethiopian coffee.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I don't get to Dar as much as I'd like, but it is an absolute requirement that I go to Addis when I'm in town.

Fantastic food!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We heard about Addis in Dar for a while. We then went there and were so pleased to enjoy the meal. The menu was details to explain how Addis in Dar was establisihed and what tradition food for Ethiopian. The food was delicious - strong taste but not oily. The staff was friendly and the atmosphere was great. My husband and I really enjoyed it very much and we will definitely pay another visit.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

The food is excellent the setup is beautiful everything was waaaay out of my expectations. Tho the waiter made me wait for my bill for 20mins. But still had a great experience of Ethiopian food