“Wonderful working and relaxing retreat”

Jangwani Seabreeze Resort
Ranked #37 of 95 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Wonderful working and relaxing retreat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

My research team and I just spent our second week-long stay at Jangwani Seabreeze for work and it is the perfect place to both have peace and quiet in a beautiful setting for teamwork, and also to access to the ocean for a relaxing break. I highly recommend it; we will surely return. The rooms are spacious and look out onto a beautifully maintained garden and swimming pool for residents only. For those interested in more excitement, the rest of the hotel by the beach offers more swimming, a gym, a spa, gift shop, delicious BBQ, music and dancing.

Room Tip: The rooms are larger down by the pool area, but brighter upstairs. The ones downstairs can be rather...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank K A
Hemanshu S, General Manager at Jangwani Seabreeze Resort, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear Kelly,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your good review of the Jangwani Sea Breeze Resort.

We're delighted that you enjoyed the resort and even more you enjoyed resort and his ambiance! We've worked hard to ensure that we offer an atmosphere that is as inviting and relaxed as we can make it and we're happy that you liked what you found.! We'll be pleased to share your comments with the team, I know they'll enjoy hearing them.

Thank you once again for choosing the Jangwani Sea Breeze Resort for your stay in Dar es salaam, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Jangwani Sea Breeze Resort.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bujumbura, Burundi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

I had a great stay at Jangwani. First it was the warm welcome by the Masai Boys clad in their traditional yet smart regalia. I was then escorted to the reception where I was met by the ever smiling and charming Receptionist by the Name Sylvester who did everything to ensure that my stay was a memorable one. The breakfast was great, the people warm including the driver Joseph who navigated the busy Dar Es Salaam roads and made sure I caught my flight on time. A great place for families although the Gym really needs attention and facelift

Room Tip: All rooms have AC
Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Marshall B
896chrisb, General Manager at Jangwani Seabreeze Resort, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Dear Marshall,

Thank you so much for such a great and terrific review of Jangwani Sea Breeze Resort.

We are so delighted to receive such positive comments for our staff and services render, our staff will be so happy and proud to hear such a good comment.

It is really nice to see that you had a great time during your recent stay with us and that you enjoyed the beautiful ambiance and amenities of the resort.

We will take some steps to up lift our GYM.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

If you are intending to get very drunk and don't care where you sleep, then this Hotel is for you. But if you are after a nice relaxing experience then AVOID at all cost!

After communicating with the Manager for over a week from UK, explaining to him exactly what our requirements and expectations were, I was strongly assured by him that Jangwani WAS the place for us and our young family. So completely trusting him (wish I had not now!), we booked 3 double rooms!

We were highly disappointed after realising, on arrival, how unsuitable this place was for families. I would definitely not recommend this place for Families to stay in. Its more suitable for weekend party goers, who would probably get too drunk to notice anything!

The sand on the Beach was UNSAFE and UNCLEAN to let children to play in or even just walk bare feet in! There was broken glass, beer bottle lids, pins and other dangerous objects in it. Further down towards the beach, there was an exposed electric wire! The beach was dirty, and I do not mean the natural seaweed, I mean the plastic carrier bags, thick bits of rope, old toothpaste tubes, condoms...etc!! HOW can I let my children play in this???

The main swimming pool water was dirty and GREY! Disgusting! There was no way I would let any members of my family get in THAT water!

The main door to our room was roughly repaired and did not look safe at all.

Our bedroom's main light was not working. It was hard work in the dark trying to get the kids sorted and organised.

My daughters room had a huge, approx 2ft tall, damp patch which made the room smell unpleasant. Good way to trigger Asthma off - just what one needs in a holiday!

Our bathroom tap was wobbly on the verge of falling off. It was a challenge to safely turn it on and off!

There was another cleaner pool near our rooms, The shower was broken, but had been left standing giving the impression it was secure.. The whole thing just collapsed as soon as it was touched. Luckily my children were far enough to not get injured when it came crashing down to the floor! As you might have already guessed...we COULD NOT have a shower before we got in that pool!

We had a big, the size of a rugby ball, hole in our mosquito net. It made me wonder why they bothered putting one on anyway considering the Mosquitoes had plenty of room to come and go as they pleased!!

There was no bed making service, which felt odd since all the good hotels in Tanzania, atleast the 5 we had stayed in so far throughout our holiday, do it as a standard inclusive service. I had to request it at the Reception.

The safe in our room was not working, despite a lovely Receptionist spent a long time helping us trying to make it work. (Thank you Lady, you were very nice). So of course I felt "at ease" carrying all our money with us, looking suspiciously at everyone, while clutching on to my bag for dear life!!

In my brothers room, the bathroom light just fell and smashed into bits scattering the glass every where, BY ITSELF in the middle of the night!! (I'm guessing the Jangwani Ghost visited!!)

We were given PLASTIC glasses to drink our cold beer from! WOW! It completely ruined the pleasure! Did they think we were incapable to manage a glass Glass??!

Our dinner was served so slow and late. There was a wedding reception, and so the hotel guests got neglected. Majority of the staff were involved in that Reception. When food did finally arrive, it was cold, poor quality and did not even taste nice. There was very little choice at breakfast the following day.

However on the plus side, we were offered a free boat ride to the island near by, which ended up being a scary experience in itself. First our tiny boat would not start, then we were pushed, while in it, to another bigger boat near by, where we had to JUMP from one boat to another!!! I felt a bit lie Indiana Jones! The other choice was to swim back to shore..yes of course I'm going to do that with my little children(!)

It made me very sad that despite communicating with the Manager before hand, completely trusting him, we were given the wrong impression of the place. It was not what he made it out to be! The rooms and service were poor quality and a disappointment!.

After leaving the hotel the following morning, a couple of days later I received an email from the Manager offering us to come back and have dinner on him.. WHY would we want that? We were on our way back to England when I finally read that mail... after brilliant 3 days in a very nice hotel called South Beach resort. Where the beach was clean, the swimming pool was so beautiful and inviting, the service was so good and the rooms were so clean and beautiful!! The management were so caring and welcoming, so friendly! I would highly recommend South Beach fro families!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ZBarnard
896chrisb, General Manager at Jangwani Seabreeze Resort, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Dear Zak,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced in respect to the services.

At Jangwani Sea Breeze Resort we take pride in ensuring our customer's satisfaction and so far all our guest has reviewed for us. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations.

We deeply value your relationship with Jangwani Sea Breeze Resort and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best.

Yours in service.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Great location, amazing food and drinks.. very helpful staff!! would definitely recommend as a weekend get away from city life.. White sandy beach was always a bonus!!! Booked this through the Holiday Inn Dar es Salaam which offered a free return shuttle service to Jangwani..

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Naveed K
896chrisb, General Manager at Jangwani Seabreeze Resort, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear Naveed,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Jangwani Sea Breeze Resort!

We're delighted that you enjoyed our amenities and services so much and have happily passed on your positive comments for our team.

We think they do a great job and are delighted that you feel the same.

Thank you once again for the lovely review, we look forward to serve you back in the near future.

Madrid, España
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

I had the opportunity to spend a night in the hotel, and I think it is a nice place to stay, and you can find everything you need there. It is a very familiar environmental, where everyone knows your name.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Vanesavrf
896chrisb, General Manager at Jangwani Seabreeze Resort, responded to this review, 1 September 2013
Dear Vanesa,

Thank you so much for your lovely review of the Jangwani Sea Breeze Resort!

We're delighted that you liked the resort property so much, we think it's beautiful and are happy when our guests feel the same. But we're also extremely proud of our staff, their warmth and friendliness adds such a wonderful atmosphere and it's such a pleasure to share reviews like yours to thank them for their efforts and show them how successful they've been!

Thank you once again for choosing the Jangwani Sea Breeze Resort for your stay in DAR, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Windsor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

This was the final part of our holiday near Dar, having started at the Holiday Inn, gone to Mbuyu Safari Camp as well as Zanzibar.
A very welcoming and comfortable hotel right on the beach with extremely attentive staff and managers. Great food and bar, and nice big rooms too.
The real highlight of the stay here were trips to the two little islands about a mile off-shore where days spent on the white sandy beaches, snorkelling and eating fish, lobster and calamari just caught that morning could not be bettered. The hotel has its own boat so transfers could not be easier.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
896chrisb, General Manager at Jangwani Seabreeze Resort, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Dear William,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your terrific review of the Jangwani Sea Breeze Resort.

We're delighted that you enjoyed the resort facilities and amenities! We've worked hard to ensure that we offer an atmosphere that is as inviting and relaxed as we can make it and we're happy that you liked what you found.! We'll be pleased to share your comments with the team, I know they'll enjoy hearing them.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

I was lucky enough to be here on a Sunday and witnessed a fun-filled extravaganza! Jangwani was heaving with locals and tourists alike to create a party-like atmosphere! Poolside laughter, a fantastic BBQ buffet and popular world music and dancing makes this the place to be on a Sunday afternoon! The children's dance competition was a particular highlight for me! The staff were very friendly and efficient and I felt like more than just a tourist! Would recommend without hesitation!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
896chrisb, General Manager at Jangwani Seabreeze Resort, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear Natasha,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Jangwani Sea Breeze Resort!

We're delighted that you enjoyed our services so much and have happily passed on your positive comments to our team.

We think they do a great job and are delighted that you feel the same.