We had travelled from Dodoma with the idea of spending two days relaxing her on beautiful Kigamboni Beach. We stayed in Seaview Room No. 16 for two nights, after seeing it advertised on the company website. However were were very disappointed because:
1. Reception staff on both days were unfriendly.
2. Our room was not ready when we arrived in the late afternoon:
- there was only one bathroom towel, Another one was later provided, but both were a grey dirty colour.
- no bathroom soap
- no mosquito net. It was later installed by the Reception Manager, but it was too small for the king-size bed, and was torn in at least 2 places
- no bedspread
- sheets & pillowslip were unclean
- floors were not properly swept
- one light switch was not working
- the refrigerator was not working properly
- the shower drain was blocked
- the basin seem to have a leak on the floor on the right hand side.
3. I had to ask twice for bathroom soap to sent to my room, and even though it was eventually delivered by staff, it did take more than 2 hours.
4. On the second day of our stay, the peaceful ambience was shattered by the amplified music of a private birthday on the beachfront bar. This went on for almost four hours.
5. Many of the beach furniture was either unclean, or old & damaged.
6. The most disturbing aspect was the manner in which the Room Service Staff cleaned our room on the second day:
- They used a sponge, which had been sitting in a mop bucket & on the floor, to clean the tea cups & glasses of our room!
- They even used the toilet brush to clean the shower!
So what should have been an enjoyable experience, turned out to be a most unpleasant holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the shores of the Indian Ocean situated in Mjimwema, 7km south of Dar es Salaam lies the picturesque Sunrise Beach Resort & Conference Centre, on a private beach. The resort consists of 14 Executive Deluxe Rooms, 6 Sea View Rooms, 30 Suite Rooms. It also boasts of a magnificent campsite consisting of 7 tents., big enough to cater for overland truckers from any part of the world. The campsite is furnished with an open kitchen which gives residents that perfect view of the ocean which they have always been looking for. Our world class Conference hall can accommodate up to 300 delegates. Apart from offering that unique sea view, it also offers resources and technology equaling those of European Conference Centres. This conference hall, which is multipurpose is a perfect venue for corporate presentations, products launches as well as family functions like wedding receptions and graduation ceremonies. The unspoilt beaches of the Swahili coast offer an entirely new experience for the discerning holiday maker. Whether interested in snorkelling or diving, there is an abundance of ocean life to be discovered on the finest waters of the Indian Ocean and looking out across the ocean, you view the Sinda Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Jovago.com and Priceline so you can book your Sunrise Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Beach Hotel Dar Es Salaam