“A name fitting (inn) place in Dar” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre

Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre
Ranked #25 of 103 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
New York City, New York
“A name fitting (inn) place in Dar”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

The rooms are small, humid and has mold. The bar is okay, but the staffs are a bit rude. The only thing this INN has going for them is the location. It is in downtown area near pretty much everything. I would not recommend this place to a friend.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DOH888
eclipse22, Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review of our hotel following your recent visit with us. I was pleased that you decided to stay with us; however it did come as a great disappointment to me that you experienced problems during your stay.

With regards to the condition of your room, I agree that this is totally unacceptable. Please be rest assured that we pride ourselves on the quality and cleanliness of our rooms, so your comments have come as a particular shock to me. Please accept my sincere apologies for this shortfall in service.

I was happy to note that you found our location ideal for your needs. Situated in the heart of the bustling center of Dar Es Salaam we are in a perfect location for our guests to experience the sights and sounds of this beautiful city.

With regards to your experience with our staff, once again these comments sadden me a great deal. We regularly receive positive feedback regarding our team members and their high levels of customer service, so I can only assume that this was an isolated incident. Once again, please accept my sincere apologies.

I would very much like the opportunity to discuss these comments with you in further detail so that I can fully investigate and make any amends that are required. Therefore, I would be much obliged if you would contact me directly on guestservices@holidayinn.co.tz at your earliest convenience.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for the issues that you have highlighted in your review. I hope to hear from you in due course and be allowed the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel.

Mahesh Langoo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

A very good staff who is always there to help with whatever is required.while traveling good food is always important and this not a problem at the hotel having good chefs always providing food according to requirements.And if thats not enough then being at this hotel which is right in the middle of the city you have access to good restaurants and pubs in the town.The rooftop restaurant and bar at the hotel is highly recommended for chilling out with friends with good music and a dedicated big screen for football and other events.i'll highly recommend this hotel for a good stay.

Room Tip: Take the rooms having the amazing view of the indian ocean.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
eclipse22, Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I was pleased that you decided to use us for your accommodation requirements and that you enjoyed a great stay and our central location was ideal for your needs.

I was pleased that you found our staff to be very helpful and they assisted you with all your requirements. I was also very happy to note that you enjoyed the food in the hotel and you were able to relax and enjoy music on our rooftop restaurant.

Once again, many thanks for your kind comments. I have passed them all on to the team to act as a motivator for them to continue their good work. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

The staff were friendly and pleasant and the hotel is well-located in central Dar es Salaam, however the property is run-down. My room had bad odors, of damp, alcohol and cigarette smoke. It was a non-smoking room but was equipped with two ashtrays. The desk chair was broken and it was not possible to work at the desk.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I was pleased that you decided to stay with us, however it comes as a great disappointment to me that you were not completely satisfied with your visit.

With regards to the room, I agree that this is totally unacceptable and not our usual high standards. We are regularly commended on the comfort, quality, condition and size of our rooms and the fact that this has occurred during your stay saddens me a great deal. I would very much like the opportunity to discuss your comments in further detail so that I can rectify for any future visits. Therefore, I would be much obliged if you could contact me directly on guestservices@holidayinn.co.tz at your earliest convenience.

I was however, pleased to note that you found our staff very friendly and pleasant and our location ideal. I have passed these comments on to the whole team to galvanize them to continue their good work.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls in your stay. I hope to hear from you in due course regarding this.

Windsor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

A great start to our holiday. Staff are outstanding and the welcome was excellent. The hotel arranged a brilliant safari at Mbuyu, a trip to Zanzibar as well as time at the beach at Jangwani Sea Breeze.
We could not have asked for more from a very professional staff and the hotel location in the city centre is perfect for everything else - restaurants and harbour for ferry to Zanzibar.
The rooms were large and clean and the restaurant served a great breakfast.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. It came as a great pleasure to me that you enjoyed an excellent and outstanding stay with us.

I was happy to note that you found all the staff very professional and they fulfilled all your requests. We pride ourselves on our exemplary customer service and the fact that you have highlighted this comes as a great pleasure to me.

I was also glad that you enjoyed our central location in Dar Es Salaam, found the rooms very large and clean and enjoyed a great breakfast in the restaurant.

I will pass on all of your comments to the team in order to motivate them to continue their good work.

Once again, many thanks for your kind comments – I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future for another excellent stay.

Sandefjord, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

Nice place to be if you are visiting DAR. The hotel is located in the middle of the center of DAR makes it easy to get around if needed. The hotel is mainly visited by business related gust I will guess but if you will experience the center of the city do not hesitate to book her.

The room I had was nice and spacious, no complaints from me her. Service was ok and I especially will mention the concierge service as these guys were amazing.

Food in the main restaurant were great and I have no problem recommend you to have a meal her.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
eclipse22, Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor of our hotel following your recent stay with us. I was pleased that you chose us for your accommodation requirements and that you enjoyed your stay.

I’m glad that you enjoyed our location in the centre of Dar Es Salaam. We feel that this is the ideal location for our guests to experience the exciting hustle and bustle of the city and then relax in the calming surroundings of our hotel.

I was also happy that you have highlighted the staff and service as amazing and the food in our restaurant great. I have passed on your comments to the whole team to galvanize them to continue their wonderful work.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the near future for another great stay.

Mahesh Chandler Langoo
Nairobi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

When it took me more than two hours to check in, I knew I was in the wrong place. They didn't bring my suit up and I had to go back to the reception for it after 4 hours; the room reeks of cigarette butts; staff in the main restaurant are the most unfriendly I've seen, except when throwing themselves at White men; on Day 2, my key didn't work, the Internet is programmed to last 24 hrs and one has to keep collecting a voucher, although the room was cleaned, toiletries were not replenished and the drinking water was missing too.
I have simply struck it off my list of hotels.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
eclipse22, Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review of our hotel. I was pleased that you decided to stay with us, however it came as a great disappointment to me that you experienced problems during your stay.

With regards to the service that you received from our staff, I agree that this is totally unacceptable. Please be rest assured that we are regularly commended on our teams high level of customer service, so this feedback comes as a great disappointment. Please accept my sincere apologies.

With regards to your room cleanliness, once again, this is simply not acceptable. Please be rest assured that I will be discussing these comments with the Head Housekeeper in order to ensure that this doesn’t happen again.

With that being said, I would very much like the opportunity to discuss your comments in further detail. Therefore, I would be much obliged if you could please contact me directly on guestservices@holidayinn.co.tz at your earliest convenience. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel.

Mahesh Chander Langoo
Deputy General Manager
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Holiday Inn Dar es Salaam city centre is a fantastically located hotel with excellent facilities. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. Of note; the staff were incredibly friendly; my full body massage and scrub were fantastic and the manicure/pedicure and facial were really very thorough! I used the high quality gym everyday but the highlight for me was Al Dar - the rooftop shisha bar. With a great view of the hustle and bustle of Dar es Salaam, I enjoyed their signature shisha on most evenings of my stay! The impeccably creative decor, music, food and lighting help make this one of its best kept secrets! Would go back any day.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I was pleased that you decided to stay with us and that we exceeded your expectations in all areas.

It came as a particular pleasure to me that you felt it necessary to highlight the staff as a positive feature of your stay. At Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre we pride ourselves on our exemplary customer service, I am glad that you were able to experience this during your stay.

I was also pleased to note that you were able to take advantage of our high quality gym and massage, pedicure, facial and manicure. I was also happy that you were able to relax and enjoy the food and music in Al Dar, our rooftop Shisha bar. With great views of Dar Es Salaam, we feel that this is the ideal place to relax after spending the day in the hustle and bustle of the city.

Once again many thanks for your kind comments regarding our hotel. I have passed them all on to the staff to act as a motivator for them to continue their good work. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future for another great stay.

Mahesh Chander Langoo