Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre
Sea Cliff Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
US$360
US$224
US$213
US$189
Hotels.com
Hotel Slipway(Dar es Salaam)
US$175
US$163
US$137
US$182
US$130
Tanzanite Executive Suites(Dar es Salaam)
US$268
US$65
  • Breakfast included
US$413
US$271
  • Spa
All reviewsstayed at holiday innrooftop restaurantfirst floorbreakfast buffetbusiness centerinnschristopherdarafricagymzanzibarcomputerstrafficindianconferenceferry
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Good central location.
Room was in good condition - air con worked perfectly, most important if you're not used to the hot weather like me!
Food just OK (Don't have a steak in the restaurant though...probably the worst I've ever had!)
The breakfast in my opinion was pretty awful too!
Good free WiFi
Very good staff service, especially on reception.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
eclipse22, Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. I was pleased that you chose us for your accommodation needs for your short business trip, however it did come as a great disappointment to me that you were not satisfied with all of the aspects of your stay.

With regards to the evening meal and breakfast offering that you experienced, I agree that this is totally unacceptable. I must admit that this feedback has saddened me a great deal. We consistently receive positive feedback regarding the food and beverage offerings that we provide, so I can only assume that this was an isolated incident. With that being said I would very much like the opportunity to discuss these comments in further detail, therefore please contact me directly, at your earliest convenience, on guestservices@holidayinn.co.tz .

I was happy to note that you found our staff very good and have highlighted them as a feature of your stay. We pride ourselves on our exemplary customer service and the fact that you have taken time to highlight our staff in your review satisfies me a great deal. I will pass on your comments to the whole team to galvanize them to continue their good work.

I was also glad that you found the room in good condition with perfect air conditioning and you were able to take advantage of our free wi-fi. It was also good to note that you found our location ideal for your needs.

Once again, many thanks for your feedback. I very much hope to hear from you in due course so that I can discuss your comments regarding your evening meal and breakfast experience and have the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

The hotel benefits from excellent location, middle of the city with major Global companies/attractions within walking distance. Food was very good, I would highly recommend the Indian dishes. Stayed at the hotel for 6 nights without a single issue. Would highly recommend this hotel if you are visiting Tanzania. Hotel also offered us a safari package at a reasonable price which was an incredible experience. Staff was also very friendly and always willing to help!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
eclipse22, Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review of our hotel. I was pleased that you chose us for your accommodation needs and that you enjoyed a great visit with us.

I was glad that you found our location excellent, the food in our restaurant very good, the staff very friendly and willing to help and safari package incredible. I will pass on all of your comments to the whole team to act as a motivator for them to continue their good work.

Once again, many thanks for your kind comments. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future for another great stay.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

The rooms are small, humid and has mold. The bar is okay, but the staffs are a bit rude. The only thing this INN has going for them is the location. It is in downtown area near pretty much everything. I would not recommend this place to a friend.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DOH888

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review of our hotel following your recent visit with us. I was pleased that you decided to stay with us; however it did come as a great disappointment to me that you experienced problems during your stay.

With regards to the condition of your room, I agree that this is totally unacceptable. Please be rest assured that we pride ourselves on the quality and cleanliness of our rooms, so your comments have come as a particular shock to me. Please accept my sincere apologies for this shortfall in service.

I was happy to note that you found our location ideal for your needs. Situated in the heart of the bustling center of Dar Es Salaam we are in a perfect location for our guests to experience the sights and sounds of this beautiful city.

With regards to your experience with our staff, once again these comments sadden me a great deal. We regularly receive positive feedback regarding our team members and their high levels of customer service, so I can only assume that this was an isolated incident. Once again, please accept my sincere apologies.

I would very much like the opportunity to discuss these comments with you in further detail so that I can fully investigate and make any amends that are required. Therefore, I would be much obliged if you would contact me directly on guestservices@holidayinn.co.tz at your earliest convenience.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for the issues that you have highlighted in your review. I hope to hear from you in due course and be allowed the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

A very good staff who is always there to help with whatever is required.while traveling good food is always important and this not a problem at the hotel having good chefs always providing food according to requirements.And if thats not enough then being at this hotel which is right in the middle of the city you have access to good restaurants and pubs in the town.The rooftop restaurant and bar at the hotel is highly recommended for chilling out with friends with good music and a dedicated big screen for football and other events.i'll highly recommend this hotel for a good stay.

Room Tip: Take the rooms having the amazing view of the indian ocean.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
eclipse22, Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I was pleased that you decided to use us for your accommodation requirements and that you enjoyed a great stay and our central location was ideal for your needs.

I was pleased that you found our staff to be very helpful and they assisted you with all your requirements. I was also very happy to note that you enjoyed the food in the hotel and you were able to relax and enjoy music on our rooftop restaurant.

Once again, many thanks for your kind comments. I have passed them all on to the team to act as a motivator for them to continue their good work. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

The staff were friendly and pleasant and the hotel is well-located in central Dar es Salaam, however the property is run-down. My room had bad odors, of damp, alcohol and cigarette smoke. It was a non-smoking room but was equipped with two ashtrays. The desk chair was broken and it was not possible to work at the desk.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I was pleased that you decided to stay with us, however it comes as a great disappointment to me that you were not completely satisfied with your visit.

With regards to the room, I agree that this is totally unacceptable and not our usual high standards. We are regularly commended on the comfort, quality, condition and size of our rooms and the fact that this has occurred during your stay saddens me a great deal. I would very much like the opportunity to discuss your comments in further detail so that I can rectify for any future visits. Therefore, I would be much obliged if you could contact me directly on guestservices@holidayinn.co.tz at your earliest convenience.

I was however, pleased to note that you found our staff very friendly and pleasant and our location ideal. I have passed these comments on to the whole team to galvanize them to continue their good work.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls in your stay. I hope to hear from you in due course regarding this.