“Good Value/Excellent Location”

Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre
Ranked #27 of 96 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This is the 4th time I stayed in this hotel.. always felt at ease.the management team always look forward to look all possible ways to help & make me comfortable.Also for my clients it was easy to meet up as it is easily located in the center of the town.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the sea.. its brighter..
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
MaheshCLangoo_68, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Mr. Sanjeev B,

The management of Holiday Inn would like to thank you for your time to share your opinion about our property on Trip Advisor. It is always a pleasure to accommodate the special requests of our guests. It is our constant endeavor to look after the needs of our guests. We are happy to know that you were pleased with the management response to your requests. Being in the city centre it is always good for all our business clients to schedule their meetings conveniently.

We look forward to see you visiting Holiday Inn more often for all your business meetings.

Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Having stayed at the Holiday Inn Dar, on several occasions, I have always found the Staff and Management efficient and friendly. The rooms are spacious and clean with a very appreciated a/c
system. The included breakfast is good, with fresh fruit and a large range of buffet food.
The roof top bar is an excellent location to have a cold Kilamanjaro and take in the city sights and smells. Take care when the girls come and ask if you would like company.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Dear Dieter B,

I would like to thank you for your positive review of our property on Trip Advisor. It is good to see that our guests are satisfied with our services. You have specially mentioned about the Breakfast and the Roof Top. Our chefs try to offer the food as per the choice of our esteemed guests and our Roof top restaurant Al Dar is quite popular as it offers a variety of food and a panoramic view of city Dar Es Salaam and the night sky. We have recently concluded the Arabian Food festival featuring authentic Arabian Cuisine also featuring famous belly dancing of Arabia. we continue to offer a variety of food and music to make a difference.
We look forward to your continued patronage and serving you at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam.

Holiday Inn
Dar Es Salaam

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Dear Management team-Holiday Inn Hotel
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and your staff for the wonderful workshop we had for three days at your hotel. Your staffs were a real credit to you - very attentive, polite and everything ran very smoothly. The room was a perfect size for the number of guests and the tables were beautifully set out and your waiting staff served the meal very efficiently, and it was piping hot and absolutely delicious.
Also I would especially like to thank one of your staff Salome who returned a lost but found Money, the Huge Cash I left on the table inside the envelope at Conference room and on the next day I found it been kept at General Manager office after Salome who was on duty preparing our Conference room come across with the money and called the Supervisor who together decided to submit the money to General Manager ready to handover to the Customer. Really this sounds like miracles but it is the reality of Holiday Inn Hotel.
At first I thought it is inborn characteristic of Salome a faithful lady of October 2013 later I realized that it is not only the inborn characteristic but also the acquired characteristics from Holiday Inn Hotel as Trust is daily breath to be imparted to any staff employed by the Hotel. There can be no better words, than to appreciate someone for their integrity. A challenge to Holiday Inn Hotel Management; Trust, Targets and Performance should be awarded to encourage others to emulate such achievements.
Lastly I would have no hesitation in using your services again or recommending your hotel. I wish you all the very best for the future.

Room Tip: Top roof conference is quite cool

Dear Tabori M,

Thank you for taking out time to review our hotel and appreciating our services. We appreciate your kind words for our staff. This is our constant endeavor to provide best services to all our guests and our staff has been trained to be attentive to the needs of guests.
We have also passed your message of appreciation to Ms. Salome for her honesty and integrity. Holiday Inn is proud of such employees.
We are glad to see that you would recommend our hotel to others. Please let us know if we can be of any help during your future visits to Dar Es Salaam.

Best regards
Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I've been staying at this hotel for the last few years and have found that in time the hotel has started to show signs of wear.

Most of the recent reviews mentioned on the site are correct but I would like to draw attention to the new GM, Mahesh Langoo, who has taken it upon himself to try and bring this hotel back to a standard that he can proud of.

Since he has taken over, there's been a positive change in Hospitality, Rooms and F&B. I can only hope this continues going forward.

1  Thank ik20xx
eclipse22, Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. As a loyal guest of ours and regular visitor I am pleased that you have highlighted that we are heading in the right direction.

You are correct, we have been focusing on many areas of our hotel and improvements will be on-going and these will be even more noticeable each time you stay with us.

I look forward to accommodating you again in the near future where you will be able to identify even more positive improvements to our hotel.

Once again, many thanks for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

Mahesh Langoo

Reviewed 27 October 2013

The reception desk staff are friendly but slow.
Internet, although free, kept going off line every few minutes, which was extremely annoying.
The selection available for the buffet breakfast was good.
The room was clean and comfortable and everything worked.
For those with the money, there is a helicopter service available from the licensed rooftop helipad

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear tropicopter,

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. We are very appreciative that you felt our comfortable rooms and breakfast selections was excellent. We offer our apologies that the staff service and internet were not what you had expected. Your comments will be forwarded to the appropriate people and department to take into consideration for improvements.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I arrived to the hotel around 2030 hours. Since there was only one, very slow, receptionist I had to wait for 15 minutes to check-in. I was given a room where the air-con clearly had not been serviced since it was installed. It smelled like a steam bath. In fact the entire floor smelled like a steam bath. I asked to change room and here the hotel showed itself from one of it's few good sides: Suleiman, the duty manager as far as I could tell, very quickly agreed to give me another room and even upgraded me to the Exec floor.
That room was much better, the aircon was working, the internet was fast, the curtains closed properly, it was quiet and the bed was good. However, there inexplicably was no mini-bar in either of the two rooms. A bit weird for a business hotel. There was a fridge but nothing in it. I then ordered room-service (a very very limited menu) and received a Chicken panini with fries - the entire dish was completely tasteless. I might as well have eaten wet paper. This food experience drew itself throughout my entire stay. The breakfast is done without any love. Bread is stale, juice is mixed with water, etc etc. Dinner in the restaurant tasted no different from the room service. I had a horrible seafood bisque and stale bread. It probably is the same chef.
In general, despite being a relatively new hotel, it is already tired and done completely without any attention to guest comfort in the common areas. The bar on the first floor is a depressing place, the breakfast area is depressing, etc etc.
For what it is, the prices are way too high. The exec room I was upgraded to is supposed to cost US$230. For US$15 extra you can stay in the Hyatt and feel like a King.

Room Tip: If you have to stay there, I would highly recommend an Exec Room.
5  Thank Charly W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Charly W,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience during your recent stay at our Hotel. We certainly apologize for the overall dissatisfaction of your stay.

Being our valued guest, your opinion and feedback is extremely important to us, as it will help us to further enhance and shape our service in delivering a truly memorable and authentic experience to our customers.

We do apologize that we were not able to accomplish your expectation of service and product this time and we have made note of the particular area you felt that we have room to improve. Specially we will coach our restaurant staff. All your suggestions have been addressed with our team.

We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose our Hotel for your future travel needs and we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Yet another stay with Holiday Inn from 12th sept to 29th sept,Need not to mention again it was a wonderful and comfortable stay. The hotel as compared to other properties in Dar Es Salaam Tanzania is good but not the best because you are getting enough for the money which you are paying. This property is right in the business center of the city within reach of every corner.

Few points i would like to mention:

1. Front Desk Staff: Excellent specially Mr Ali and Mr. Ajinkya Really helpful.
2. Room Service: Was good, they gave a prompt reply whenever they are called.

however there seems to be only 1 point which they should change is the breakfast they serve you same breakfast everyday, they need to work on the same rest all the things are perfect.

Room Tip: One can ask for upgrade to executive rooms and the rooms on the higher floor sea facing.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
eclipse22, Manager at Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review of our hotel following your recent stay with us. I was pleased that you chose to stay with us again and that you found everything comfortable. I’m glad that you found our hotel very good value for money.

I was happy that you found our location ideal for your needs. Located in the bustling city center of Dar Es Salaam, we feel that we are in the perfect location for tourists experiencing this beautiful city, along with business people attending meetings and conferences in the city.

I was so very pleased to note that you have highlighted our staff, specifically Mr Ali and Mr Ajinkya, as an excellent aspect of your stay. I can assure you I will pass on these compliments to the team to galvanize them to continue their good work.

With regards to the breakfast offering, please be rest assured that we will be reviewing this aspect of our offering so to ensure that we are offering enough variety for our longer staying guests, such as yourself. I was glad that you enjoyed our room service and you were dealt with promptly.

Once again, many thanks for your kind comments and constructive feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future for another great stay.

Warm Regards,