DoubleTree by Hilton Dar es Salaam-Oysterbay
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Slipway(Dar es Salaam)
View Hotel
Sea Cliff Court(Dar es Salaam)
View Hotel
Q-Bar & Guest House(Dar es Salaam)
View Hotel
The Oyster Bay Suites(Dar es Salaam)
  • Breakfast included
The Oyster Bay Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
View Hotel
Alexander's Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Baobab Inn(Dar es Salaam)
View Hotel
All reviewsdouble treeoysterscape town fish marketpool areamain buildingbusiness tripgreat poolenjoyed my stayrooms are spacioussea viewbreakfast buffetcomfortable stayindian oceanslipwaytanzaniadargym
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We had 1 night at this Doubletree Hotel as we prepared to return to the US. After being in small "bush hotels" for 8 days it was a nice change. Our room was lovely -- it looked out on the pool, had a small deck area and was the size of an executive suite. We had a ton of room to pack and re-pack our bags. Beds were so comfortable. The room was spotless and bathroom spacious and clean. We did not use the pool, but walked by it -- beautiful. There are great terraces to watch the sunrise or sunset over the beach. However, the beach is not accessible from the hotel. We enjoyed the huge buffet breakfast and our supper at the "Piano Bar" (paninis are really good!). However, we had dinner the first night at the fancier, more expensive restaurant in the lobby (can't remember the name). We didn't like any of our dishes. I became sick with diarrhea from that meal and had it all the way to the US! bummer Despite this, we will return and stay there with friends, but will eat at the piano bar restaurant. Their hamburgers and fries were good. One other good word . . we had been given rather large village chief chairs during our time in the village and getting them home was a challenge. no problem at the Doubletree! For a small fee ($20 i think plus good tip) the concierge guy happily took them next door to a shop that wrapped both in cardboard and twine so we could check them on the plane. At the airport we paid an additional $10 to have the cardboard package wrapped in cellophane (big Saran Wrap) stuff because the agent recommended it as we were trying to check bags in. So, that concierge guy solved a huge problem for us and we were able to get everything home. Doubletree is great in Dar! Enjoy your stay!

2  Thank Deb B
Reviewed 19 December 2011

This hotel seemed to be over rated based on what I read on this site before choosing to stay here. I only stayed 1 night and decided to check out early because of the noisy construction by the pool and slamming doors all day in the room. The first room I got was on the first floor facing the car park which was a horrible view. After I request a room change I got a sea facing room that actually only faced the next block of rooms. Food was average but service was good. Beds were VERY comfortable. Was also disappointed that location was on beach but only had a jetty and no beach access.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise.
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Staying overnight in Dar es Salaam I wanted a quiet night in a nice hotel in order to be relaxed and refreshed to continue my journey the next day. And naturally, I wanted an OK evening meal. Not so at the Doubletree in Dar es Salaam. For one thing, the menu reminded me of your common Indian take-away. And then they served putrid fish! First I had to wait 35 minutes for my order (there were 4 other guests, and 2 of them had the buffet), and then, when it finally arrived, the dish (an indian dish with rice, vegetables and seafood) was inedible. The fish in it was rotten. It stank! I let the waiter smell it, and he took it off to the kitchen. I was offered a replacement, but the experience made me want to leave the restaurant. Instead I ordered something from room service when I got back to my room. After the fish experience I thought vegetables would be safe, so I ordered a vegetable burger. What did I get? Burger bread with mashed potatoes, melted cheese and lettuce! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. This is a Hilton run by amateurs! The rooms are nice, but go elsewhere for service and food!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Nohmad
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I recently spend a few nights at the Doubletree in Dar (Oyster bay location), and could not have been more pleased with the service. From the moment I arrived and was given a warm cookie until my departure (when I and my colleague were speedily assisted with technical issues - special thanks to Stella, Mariam and Caroline!), I felt I was very welcomed and always treated as a valued customer. My room overlooked the hotel's lovely pool, and was very spacious, clean and nicely furnished. Breakfast was another highlight - the food was delicious. I only wish I could have stayed longer! Highly recommended to anyone looking for an enjoyable and relaxing stay while in Dar.

1  Thank Giselle A
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I stayed for 8 nights at the end of October on business. My room was on the first floor of the main building. The views to the front were as expected, nothing to write home about, so if looking to go for leisure try and get a room in building that backs on to the bay. The room was very clean and spacious. The bathroom required a bit of modernisation, but still in good order. The facilities in the hotel were good, wifi worked fine throughout, even around the pool area. Food is of a good standard and the staff are all very friendly and helpful. The hotel appears to be going through a bit of restructuring around bars/ restaurants so only really the bar by the pool to drink at (fine when the weather is good). I'd stay in the hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2011