“Best service ever !!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Dar es Salaam-Oysterbay
Ranked #5 of 101 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
“Best service ever !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

When i arrived, was welcomed in friendly. Waited in the lounge for 15miutes then was shown to my room, the room waa so clean and fresh... And will never forget frank chauka was a very polite and helpfull staff amongst... Will deffenetly reccommened double tree hotell.

• Stayed August 2013
Judd L, Regional Director: Operations at DoubleTree by Hilton Dar es Salaam-Oysterbay, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Hi Natasha
Thanks for your valued response. It is always nice to have guests who identify specific staff members for there commitment to service. We have passed your commendation to Frank and he is proud to have been recognised by you. A big thank you from the entire team!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

Very nice hotel with all the facilities you would expect, particularly the pool and outdoor terrace area. Excelent and friendly staff. It's also in a good location. Various bars and restaurants along the coast and the Slipway plaza is nearby (try the skewered chicken at the Waterfront restaurant - very nice). The only warning I would give is that there is no beach on site so no access to the ocean. This didn't bother us but may be an issue for some people.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the block that overlooks the pool. We had room 702 and was very happy with that.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Tulia_Simba
Thanks for the great feedback. The Garden and swimming Pool are fantastic for a relaxing stay. We are please you had an enjoyable stay with us.
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

First trip to Dar es Salaam for a project. So staying on the peninsular makes sense due to bad traffic in town. Everything from the airport cars to the room, food & trimmings ran smoothly (unlike some other reviews). Caroline and the other staff in the hotel and restaurant were most polite, helpful and effective as we zoomed to and from of meetings in our executive van. The gorgeous ocean side facilities were delightful. Any negatives were minor - my first room smelt a little of damp, service can be a little slow (but most things seem to be in this town - think of it as 'relaxed'), and food a little bland. All in all, a comfortable and reliable choice.

Room Tip: The rooms in the main block if you want to avoid older rooms, with potential damp issues.
Dear RamblinJoe
We appreciate your feedback and your constructive review. Service is always a priority to us, and we are constantly striving to make this better and "speedier" to ensure a great guest experience. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and next time, we hope to impress you with a improved service delivery.
Alberton, Gauteng, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

When I landed at the Airport, I was met by a driver that transferred me to the Hotel. on my arrival I was welcomed in a friendly manner and given a warm cookie. Within minutes everything was done and I was on my way to my room. I found this very luxurious and astonished by the neatness and good furniture. I will refer anybody to book their stay at this Hotel in Tanzania.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Kenneth
Thank you for your positive comments. My team and I welcome your comments as we continually strive to make the guest experience a memorable one. Asante Sana!
Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights. The room was huge but not as modern as some other hotels I have stayed at. Unfortunately I did not get a see view and had to look at the street which was not great. The service was okay, checkin was a very lengthy affair though. Food was okay but not great. I did not see any better hotels in the area so would probably stay here again but not so much put of choice.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Gerrit777

Thank you for your valued comments. I am sure you will not be disappointed on your next visit as we are creating a new "themed" restaurant experience for all our guests. I have taken up the length of your check-in experience with our FO Manager and the required training will be revisited with all our FO Desk Agents to make the process of checking in a more streamlined experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

Hotel was satisfactory, with large rooms and a good location. However the drainage in my bathroom was non-existent, whoch made the entire room and bathroom smell very very bad, like a swamp. I was in Dar for meetings on a limited timeframe so had no time to change room, but both times i entered the room (to sleep for a few hours) it smelled terrible. Bathroom was also very old and tired, not impressive at all.

My main complaint was after checking out, i realised i left my phone charger in the room. When I rang to ask to have it sent to me, i was told "it's not there anymore, someone must ahve taken it". I suggested that it should still be there, and asked who might have taken it and the reception staff said "i don't know, maybe another guest, maybe a staff".

They were unconcerned and unapologetic, even though they suggested a staff member may have removed property from one of their rooms.

Won't stay here again.

1 Thank Katherine1604
Dear Katherine 1604

I apologize that your experience at our property was not up to your expectations. Please be assured that we take all our guest comments to heart, and our team will address each point to ensure a higher level of service.
Sandefjord, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

Well into my second week staying at the Double Tree and i must say this is one of the better hotels i have visited for a long time.
To compare with the other places I have stayed at in DAR this is pure heaven.

The room assigned me is very comfortable, well-kept and clean. All my best to the ladies taking care of this service.

The restaurant have some limited menu and I for sure miss some more choices especially sea food. The dishes I have had have served have been tasteful and way above standard restaurant food.
Breakfast is very good, not much I miss on the breakfast buffet. Maybe I could mention that juices in general taste better chilled that they do having room temperature. Should be easy solved with a bucket of ice cubes standing beside the juices.

Reading reviews from my fellow travelers in this forum there is some complaints in regards to the service on this hotel. To be honest I think you have joust meet someone on a really bad day. (That for example a cash register or similar do not function can actually happen anywhere.) The service I have received and by that I mean all over the hotel has been fabulous. Everyone is saying hi, smiling and behave like expected on a property run by Double Tree.

The outside areas are very nice. The pool is great and the surrounding area with the big terrace is for sure worth a visit alone.

Enjoy you stay! I will for even another week.

1 Thank Oistein_O
Judd L, Regional Director: Operations at DoubleTree by Hilton Dar es Salaam-Oysterbay, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear Sandefjord
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your positive comments greatly motivate the Team Members. Thank You for your appreciative feedback.