Hotel Nikko Tower
US$409
US$283
  • Spa
Sea Cliff Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
US$360
US$181
US$288
US$276
US$238
US$224
Harbour View Suites(Dar es Salaam)
US$158
US$123
  • Breakfast included
US$223
US$199
US$127
US$108
Hotels.com
Hotel Slipway(Dar es Salaam)
US$175
US$165
US$165
US$139
Tanzanite Executive Suites(Dar es Salaam)
US$268
US$95
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I was really quite happy with this hotel until my checkout when they tried to charge me again although I had already pre-paid on Hotels.com. Fortunately I wasn't in a hurry and was able to waste 20 minutes to explain that any payment dispute they had should be with Hotels.com and not with me, and eventually they accepted this line of argument. I am yet to bring the matter up with Hotels.com.

Apart from this I thought the hotel was great. Decent location in the downtown area, friendly and helpful staff, the room a little on the small side but very clean. Small TV, fridge, overhead fan, decent aircon unit. Free wifi throughout the hotel.

Paid $73 USD via Hotels.com

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Have just spent 10 days in this hotel and highly recommend it. The room I had was comfortable and clean. The young staff were courteous, friendly and attentive while the restaurant had a good choice (including Indian food) and was reasonably priced. The wireless is irregular and unstable but overall I had a pleasant stay and will return when in Dar es Salaam again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I made the reservation online with this hotel but my bus did not arrive until 1AM in the morning, the staff immediately made a very generous decision to let me rest in the room as soon as I am done checking and only charge me on the second night there. I extended my stay to another extra day on top of that and the staff only charge me 15% less than the online rate.
The two gentlemen working at the receptionist desk are too awesome, they helped me to get around on the back on a hired scooter at the local rate, great experience to get around town.
The location of this hotel is very close to the ferry and a busy (must see) fish market.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

If this place was cheaper it would have got higher ratings from me. My first 2 nights were ok, however on my last night i found creatures on my bed so couldnt sleep on it. the telly also didnt work but that wasnt a problem for me as im not a huge watcher, althougher some readers may find this important. the shower wasnt working properly throughout my stay. On the plus side, the staff are really nice and friendly, always saying hello and try to help you. As i said, if this was cheaper it would have been a very worthy hotel but given the cost, it just doesnt match up to places of similar price.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I've stayed at the Nikko Tower twice in the past two years for a total of 10 days. It's located in an older section of Dar es Salaam near several mosques and bustling streets filled with stores selling everything from jewelry to bicycle tires. I like this hotel primarily because of the staff, who have been very kind to me and some of my colleagues. People like Innocent try very hard to help you accomplish tasks, find transportation or learn about the area. The rooms are somewhat small but have reasonably comfortable beds, good bathrooms. The restaurant is fairly good, as is the Zebra bar on the top floor, but again, it's the staff that makes it stand out. Cons: Some of the loudspeakers for the mosques are pretty close to the rooms, so you will hear them at all hours. I'm not Muslim, but after a few days, I appreciated the beauty and ritualism of the prayer calls. The elevator also is pretty slow. Also, when some of the key staff are gone, the place does slip a little in the service department.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the street if you don't want to get blasted by nearby Mosque loudspeakers.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business