Hotel Nikko Tower
Sea Cliff Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
US$360
US$139
US$212
US$189
Hotels.com
Hotel Slipway(Dar es Salaam)
US$175
US$165
US$213
US$130
US$127
US$108
Orbitz.com
Tanzanite Executive Suites(Dar es Salaam)
US$268
US$65
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Harbour View Suites(Dar es Salaam)
US$158
US$118
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Spent 1 night here on my own. My large room had a nice big bed, cable TV, AC, plenty of hot water, a nice bathroom, a large balcony, a kettle and complementary powdered coffee. The hotel staff was friendly. I had booked on hotels.com and no trouble with the booking or the visa pre-pay. The restaurant is OK, pretty standard for East Africa 'fancy'. The breakfast was good, I thought, with fresh fruit and french toast with syrup. This hotel is a short walk from the ferry to Zanzibar.

Room Tip: This is on a busy street so maybe the higher up the room the less traffic noise, but I was honestly not bothered by traffic sounds.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Spent one night here on a stopover in Dar. Good value ,our room was quite satisfactory with working a/c and a fan and a good shower. Ate in the dining room which was pleasant , the staff attentive and the food good too.Didnt have breakfast as had to leave early

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This hotel is worth it's price in a city full of expensive hotels. I'm not crazy about the bed, it's way too soft, but I like that its located in this community of apartments and that it has a balcony that I can sit on, dry a few clothes and do some serious people watching. It's not a stuffy place, the bathroom is clean as well as the room. The television is a bit corrupted, the floors are tiled, the breakfast boring but dinner decent. It is located in the older part of dar es salaam. It's basic and affordable and I feel like I've rented an apartment for five days.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2013

First thing I will say is, don't confuse this with the Japanese Nikko hotel group. Second I will say is that the pictures on the website, although not untrue are taking at the most flattering angles possible.

The rooms are small, the beds are not the most comfortable, the view from my room was another window about 5 feet away.

Having said that, it is not very expensive and it is clean so if you want a cheap and pretty basic hotel then you could do worse.

The location is the saving grace for the hotel, it is very close to one of the financial centers (and about 5 mins away from the Serena Hotel)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2013

This is a very nice hotel! Rooms are comfy, showers are great, wifi is FAST, the restaurant is cheap but has delicious food - I very much enjoyed our stay here (so much we came back for another night!)

The staff is pretty nice, but there are a few staff members who seem like they don't really care. Also, the location is a little difficult to explain to taxis. It's also right next to a mosque, so expect a call-to-prayer wake up. Breakfast was a little underwhelming.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends