Hotel Nikko Tower
Sea Cliff Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
US$360
US$181
US$122
US$119
US$236
US$224
Tiffany Diamond Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
US$78
Hotels.com
US$123
US$115
Agoda.com
Tanzanite Executive Suites(Dar es Salaam)
US$268
US$95
  • Breakfast included
New Africa Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
US$179
US$125
Hotels.com
Hotel Sapphire(Dar es Salaam)
US$108
US$105
US$338
US$325
Travelocity
Harbour View Suites(Dar es Salaam)
US$165
US$117
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Short walk from the ferry, about 10 minutes.
6 min shuttle to the airport at 1:30 am....the driver was speeding but there was no traffic. The hotel shuttle cost $25.

Clean room.
In room safe.
AC and fan in room worked well.
Good wifi.
TV with English movie station.
Bed needed updating, very saggy.

Short walk to Pitstop for pizza and Mambo`s for bbq.

Check in smooth, I prepaid with hotels.com.
Can pay with credit card.

Two computers in the lobby.
A restaurant and bar on site, we did not try.
Gym on site, although door was locked when we tried to use it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HojasRojas
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I have selected Nikko hotel by internet because it is pretty close to the airport, and with free shuttle service. I have paid through Internet with my credit card, and i had all the supports, when I arrived on the 13 th January, they said the booking is ok, but it was not paid, and I have to paid again. They said the suttle to the airport was free, and they charged me US$ 25 for one one way.and US$ 25 for the way to the airport.
The room are small, less than 16 sq mt, full of furniture, so you can badly come in. The service is not well appointed and slow. Very poor rate. I'm waiting for the refun of the double payment.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank duneofsand
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I stayed at that hotel for a long period. During the whole time of my stay the staff was very kind and welcoming. The location was great and very close to Zanzibar Ferry. Also the price of the hotel was very worth of it. Room was well furnished and the hotel had a very good and delicious breakfast. It has a small gym saloon which you could use if you stay at that hotel a long time.

Room Tip: A room with balcony would be better.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My friend and I stayed at the Hotel Nikko Tower for 3 nights following our trip to Zanzibar. In total, the stay was satisfactory. The hotel is not far from the ferry terminal (<5 minutes) or the airport (20 minutes w/o traffic). The facility itself is pretty good; modern, clean and with air conditioning (much needed with the hot and humid climate of Dar es Salaam). The rooms are pretty nice. Our room was comfortably spaced for two people and featured wifi, air conditioning, a safe, refrigerator and a ceiling fan. However, the wifi was spotty at best and the hot water in the bathroom was sporadic. Sleep quality is pretty good (comfortable beds). Although, the morning call to prayer from the nearby mosque woke me up a few times. The rate includes breakfast at the hotel restaurant and is better than other free breakfasts I’ve had at places across East Africa. There were no issues with the non-human elements of our stay. The staff was the only questionable area. They are plenty friendly and helpful in terms of face-to-face interaction and in-hotel assistance. However, they have little knowledge about the city in terms of things to do, places to eat and how to get there. In fact, one individual, after we asked for good places to eat outside of the hotel, was very insistent that we eat at the hotel. Given that we wanted to explore the area, this was not ideal. In conclusion, I would recommend the Hotel Nikko Tower for business trips, layovers and people who want to experience city-life. The building is in the middle of the city center but is not close to the more touristy and restaurant laden NW Dar es Salaam. We taxied back and forth from town to the NW for meals (it cost 15-20 USD each way after negotiation). People looking for multiple day vacations in Dar es Salaam are advised to look into staying in the NW region of Oyster Bay and Toure Drive (there are more restaurants, things to do and beaches).

Room Tip: If you don’t like crammed rooms, make sure you ask for a larger double room, as the smaller and slightly cheaper ones can be quite scrunched with two people and their baggage inside (as our friends were).
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sam c
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Arrived in Dar Es Salaam late evening and very tired, the flawless check in, less than 3 minutes was quite impressive. The all smiling staff at the reception made us feel very welcome.

The rooms were well furnished if a little cramped. The bed was fantastic, the bathroom was well equipped and the hot water shower made it all the more pleasant. Free and reliable wi-fi and satellite TV were a welcome addition to the room package. AC and Fans work perfectly and keep the sea side heat and humidity at bay.

The hotel restaurant has great service and a very diverse menu which we enjoyed alot. The buffet breakfast is filled with variety, the fresh fruits and juice were especially the best.

The location of the hotel is fantastic, 5 minutes walk from the Zanzibar ferry, Harbour view towers and some amazing local cuisine restaurants. We enjoyed experiencing local cuisines especially the sea foods i.e. prawns and crabs that are in plenty.

The view of the harbor and city from the 9th floor pub/restaurant is memorable.

A special thank you to the staff at Nikko for accepting to store our luggage on our way back from Zanzibar, before our onward flight to Kigali. It allowed us more time to experience Dar Es Salaam in comfort.

I will definately be back in Dar and Nikko soon.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on higher floors.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple