Tanzanite Executive Suites
Sea Cliff Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
US$360
US$181
US$409
US$282
  • Spa
Harbour View Suites(Dar es Salaam)
US$158
US$123
  • Breakfast included
US$238
US$224
Hotel Slipway(Dar es Salaam)
US$175
Priceline
US$233
US$196
Priceline
All reviewsno alcoholbedroom suiteferry terminalwalking distancedining tablecall to prayerzanzibar ferryshort staycity centrerooms are cleandowntown darhotel is locatedair conditioningexcellent breakfastbusiness hotelhot watermicrowave
Reviewed 17 February 2013

The hotel driver picked us up on the airport and took us to the hotel for 20 USD, - perfect. We had ordered a junior suite, but got a huge three bedroom apartment with separate bathrooms and a big kitchen, without any extra costs. Later we moved to a Junior Suite, and it was quite ok too.The staff is friendly, and service minded.
This is a muslim hotel, and any use of alcohol is prohibited. There is no restaurant, the only meal you will get is breakfast, and it was simple, but ok I guess.
If you want to go out for a beer and a restaurant there is Tiffany Diamond Hotel just around the corner with a nice restaurant and good food.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom P
Reviewed 11 February 2013

The hotel staff, specifically at the reception, were always available and always accommodating to our needs. Airport service was great and we never waited for it, even for our 4:00am pick-up.
This hotel is situated in the middle of the busy city which makes it perfect for grabbing a taxi and shooting off to your business location (as we did for the week we stayed there). Although the hotel offers room service from a restaurant around the corner we rather enjoyed going for supper to the various locations in and around the hotel and easily managed to find a place every night by foot. We were two (2) men walking the streets, but never felt under threat from muggings. A Bureau de Change was also within walking distance, which was handy when we suddenly ran out of shillings. The breakfast menu can do with a larger variety in the hot items, but that which was there was of a good quality (loved the coffee machine).

Room Tip: Corner rooms are great for the layout and view, but the WiFi lacks a good signal!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lionelm04
Reviewed 1 February 2013

We stayed in the Tanzanite Executive suites for one night before continuing to Zanzibar by ferry the next day. The room was clean (although there was a cockroach in the bathroom...) and big, but there is no view from the window and overall it really lacks character. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful though, and arranged taxi's for us and even bargained the prices. Mediocre breakfast. Ok value for money, but nothing special if you're on holiday.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank saskia o
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Decided to stay downtown for a night after our trip from Zanzibar. The room allocated to me lacked a good view but it was large and comfortable. The free wifi was faster than the one in a pricier hotel I stayed four days earlier. Though there is no restaurant in the property, there were two rich Indian and Lebanese menus in the room. We ordered using the menus and our takeaway lunch came on time. The option of charging the cost of food to my hotel account was convenient. The big surprise was the rich breakfast in the morning. I generally found this hotel a very good value for money and would not hesitate to stay there in future if I am on transit for a Zanzibar holiday.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank BalaAbuja
Reviewed 27 January 2013

The rooms are quite good with ac and wi-fi, all needed toiletries etc. But on top of that the staff at the reception is very helpful. I happened to have my luggage lost by the airlines on the arrival to Tanzania and with very tight schedule the following day, I was worried as to what actions I should take. The staff at the reception not only helped me by making phone-calls and tracing out the lost luggage, which with no knowledge of kiswahili on my part would take forever, but allowed me to use their driver to drive me to the airport to collect it.
I cant express how relieved I was when the luggage was found and knowing that someone was helping me and can advise on the progress was much appreciated.
I would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo