After staying one night in a horriable hotel in Dar es Salaam downtown we arrived at the Friendly Gecko. Everything was just perfect:
- the pick-up service from Jacob the taxidriver
- being welcomed by Lauren, Guesthouse Manager, and introduced to the Guesthouse and the volunteers
- our privat room with own hot shower, AC and a mosquitonet
- delicious food for dinner (freshly cooked by Juliette)
We can truely recomment this Guesthouse to everyone who whants to spend his time in a safe area, in a clean house, with excellent service and a lot of helping hands if needed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Friendly Gecko Guesthouse is a socially responsible hostel in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. We aim to offer convenient and safe accommodation for a reasonable price. Since we accommodate around 10 volunteers year round from help2kids, we consider ourselves to be more of a home than a hostel. We love to meet new people and travelers from all walks of life and share our daily experiences. Our Guest House is located a bit outside of the city center of Dar es Salaam (around 40 minutes by car) in a safe and quiet neighborhood. With our large garden and community areas we offer a convienent and relaxed place to recover after a hectic and hot day in downtown Dar es Salaam, or a nice stop before heading to Kili or Zanzibar. ... more less