Best Western Plus Peninsula Hotel
Hotels.com
  • Spa
US$122
US$119
Hotel Slipway(Dar es Salaam)
US$165
US$160
US$140
Hotels.com
Tanzanite Executive Suites(Dar es Salaam)
US$268
US$95
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Nikko Tower(Dar es Salaam)
US$99
US$95
New Africa Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
US$179
US$127
Agoda.com
US$215
US$189
Hotel Sapphire(Dar es Salaam)
US$108
US$161
US$132
Agoda.com
All reviewsfuel stationnearby grocery storebusiness tripwestern hotelscouple of minor issuesbusiness hotelattached restaurantan indian restauranttv channels arepriced hotelsmoking roomclean linenground floorhotel serviceinternet connectivitybars and restaurantsoysters
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I still rate this as the best value high standard business hotel in Dar. The rooms are so spacious and well appointed, the service is top class. I will stay there again many more times. The only let down for me is the food from the Dulce restaurant which could really do with some help. It's well presented and of decent quality but just lacks flavor and inspiration and is consistently disappointing so I've given up eating there after trying many dishes and finding none that I would consider calling "good"

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
GM A, Manager at Best Western Plus Peninsula Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Thank you very much for your input & review concerning you stay with our organization ,it does help us to improve a lot .

"A smart chioce for a Business stay " we emphasize on it .

October to try out the all new revamped Dulce Menu & the weekend Dulce Duo breakfast specials will mesmerize all ,

hoping to see you soon !!!!!!!!

Reviewed 9 September 2012

Hi, I'm a resident in Dar es Salaam and would like to share my experience at Dulce Cafe tonight.... My wife ordered the Line Fish filet, it was still frozen on the plate...! When we signaled that to the waiter, he brought it back to the kitchen and then straight the same dish back to our table, with maybe 2 or 3 mn into the micro wave, not even a simple "sorry" or anything.... this is quite disappointing... I have filled a satisfaction card but guess the waiter will just tear it in pieces... I know this is Tanzania and after almost 4 years in this country I just don't care... I'm sorry for the people who try to invest and create business opportunities in this place, this is such a non sense, invest in Kenya or anywhere else where human capital means something....!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
GM A, Manager at Best Western Plus Peninsula Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

My Sincere apology for the incident occurred at your visit to our restaurant, definetely the manager on floor should have responded immediately to your call,

At the same time, we are trying our best to ensure this mistake doesn't take place again at our restaurant with our guest ,

Please allow me to take this honor to welcome you back to experience a complete different dining experience in which we are specialized in ,

Hoping to see you soon ,

Management.......

Reviewed 6 September 2012

These guys went all out. Friendly, helpful, and always smiling.

Rooms are big, with huge TV, 3/4 beds, great bedding, tons of pillows, great shower (although hot water didn't last that long), felt clean, neat, and nicely furnished.

This hotel has obviously been refurbished and they have done a great job. The conference room was not quite finished when we were there, but the rest of the hotel that we saw looked great. Wifi worked like a charm and easy to access.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms should be fine, although the ones overlooking the main road have a slightly better view than those overlooking the back.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
GM A, Manager at Best Western Plus Peninsula Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

" A Smart choice for Business & Leisure Stay "

We are on the site of Old Karibu Hotel ,Newly constructed since the demolition and the door were opened for welcoming guest just 6 months back ,

we hold pride for spacious rooms in Dar Es Salaam,

Conference facilities , Gym , Dulce Restaurant & Rain Drop spa & Salon are up and running ,

we do offer a complimentary 30 minutes Balinese Massage for weekend stays over 2 nights,

Damian G , Thank you very much for staying with us and hope to see you soon in near future to enjoy our added services,

Management

Reviewed 25 August 2012

We stated at the Atlantis before flying back home after finishing our Safari. The journey from the airport to the Atlantis took forever and I was not particularly impressed by the exterior of the hotel but inside it was a totally different story. A friendly receptionist checked us in very quickly and we were offered a delicious fruit juice. We then were wished a happy honeymoon and given a voucher for a complimentary Balinese massage. Upstairs rose petals had been sprinkled over the room and there was a complimentary fruit basket and Ferrero Rocher! I them went off to have the massage while leaving my husband to check out the premier league transfers on the free wifi. The massage was wonderful although I am not sure I would have had one if I had to pay as they are very expensive. We ate at the hotel for lunch and in the evening and the food was great. My husband said his seafood curry was one of the best he had ever had. The only negative about this hotel was at night there was building work going on across the room and we could hear music coming from somewhere, if I had not brought earplugs this would have been a problem. Breakfast was great and the hotel gave us a late check out as our flight was not leaving until the afternoon.

This was a great hotel and a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
GM A, General Manager at Best Western Plus Peninsula Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Now Thats what we call "A home away from Home"

Thank You very much for your lovely comments , we strive hard for Guest satisfaction and their needs, Hope your stay was one of the most enjoyable & memoriable one ,

Looking forward to welcome you again at The Atlantis Hotel .

Management

Reviewed 1 August 2012

On the positive side, the hotel staff are very helpful and friendly. The food is good and prices are reasonable. The rooms are very spacious, clean and comfortable. The negative is that if you are located North end of the hotel (if my bearings are correct) you will have long, sleepless nights. These rooms are located close to a vile nightclub. Not only does this mean you will have to endure the constant drone of the music with cheers and screams from drunk patrons until 6:00am, but you will also be bombarded (day or night) with prostitutes trying to lure you with some of the most vile language you have ever heard. The location of this hotel ruins the stay completely, despite all the effort they have made.

Room Tip: Insist on a Room located as far away from the night-club side of the hotel as possible. Ignore this at your peril.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business