“Arjun S”

Ranked #23 of 324 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Full Desi Food/Snacks. Bright, Cheerful ambience. Tasty and Healthful mix of traditional and new-age Desi food, prepared with the freshest and best ingredients from India. 100% Veg. Eat Happy!
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The food at Chapan Bhog is simply delicious! it is by far one of the best vegetarian restaurants i have been to in Dar. The quality of food and service is excellent and you get it all at a very reasonable price. My personal favorite is the dhai puri and the masala dhosa. I definitely recommend Chapan Bhog to those of you who haven't already been there, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Amazing ambience, Delicious Food and Friendly staff. What a lovely way to enjoy Indian snacks and watch the city go by. I recommend the crispy Jelabes - will make you want go back for more and more!!

My friend also had some of the spicy round shells and her exactly words were 'waaoza' She ordered another plate :)

I say go and enjoy another slice of Dar Es Salaam!

Reviewed 16 September 2013

When describing Chapan Bhog, the only words that can be used are amazing, mouth-watering, and absolutely fantastic! When living in Dar, Chapan Bhog was definitely my go to joint and I found myself eating here at least twice a week. The three things I love about this place is that it is ALL-VEGETARIAN, the meals come extremely fast, and everything is very reasonably priced (dishes range from 2-10,000Tsh).

In the numerous times I have been here, the food has always been consistently great and I have never been disappointed with anything. My favourite is the Chinese twist section which has the best Szechuan and Chili Paneer (I prefer dry over gravy) as well as Manchurian Balls. On the Indian menu, the different puris (pani/saiv/dhai), the dossas, idli sambur and pow baji are great! No matter how hard I try, there is not one thing on the menu that I can think of that I do not like.

Apart from the food, the restaurant also has a cozy, relaxed ambiance. Outside and inside seating are available and if you sit outside you can actually watch the chefs cooking the food! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone in Dar if you like quality, affordable Indian food. It is located on Kisutu Street (in town near the Qatar Airlines office) so is very easy to access. If I had to pick between going to Zanzibar and eating at Chapan Bhog, I would pick Chapan Bhog because it is paradise on a plate!

PS, For all the meat eaters who are hesitant to go to an all vegetarian joint; trust me you will love this place! Try the paneer because it has the closest texture to chicken you’ll get!

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Am glad that I could find out such a splendid food outlet at Dar es Salaam, thanks to a friend of mine here. The most appealing thing about this restaurant is the array of food offered, ranging from North Indian snacks to South Indian Thalis, from Gujrati Dhoklas to Bengali Sweets. The wide range of Dosas makes you think for a while before placing an order. The live stall of Pav Bhaji and Chinese bites is a mouth-watering site. On offer is an exhaustive list of Menu to chose from.

Ever since I had visited Chappan Bhog, it's become an obsession for me to visit this place at least once in a week. Am so frequent visitor there, that the staff around has started recognizing me and I hope they would recommend me to the owners of the restaurant for a special award.

A really good place to please your Indian taste buds...

Reviewed 11 September 2013

I started my culinary adventure one fine Sunday afternoon, convinced by a vegetarian friend that Chapan Bhog would not disappoint. And it didn't. I was blown away! Everything was delicious! I ended up on a relentless mission to try everything I could fit in my mouth. Dai poori, sev poori, bhel poori! Idlee sambar. I hope I'm spelling these right. And of course the POW baji! It was only made better by the servers information that I could get it with cheese! Spicy paneer! The list goes on. I've been back a couple times a week since - the food is so inexpensive they basically give it to you. My adventure continues- and that vegetarian friend is now a best friend!