“Street food on your doorstep!”
Review of Chapan Bhog

Chapan Bhog
Ranked #24 of 319 Restaurants in Dar es Salaam
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Description: Full Desi Food/Snacks. Bright, Cheerful ambience. Tasty and Healthful mix of traditional and new-age Desi food, prepared with the freshest and best ingredients from India. 100% Veg. Eat Happy!
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Their pau bhaji is to die for! If you are looking for a cheap but decent place to indulge in indian street food, I would definitely recommend chapan bhog! From savoury to sweets, they cater your every need.

3  Thank Addicted_to_travel87

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Truth be known - I'm really picky with food, I care about hygiene and am not easily pleased. BUT I absolutely love 56Bogh!! Its a cute little spot in town that's CLEAN, serves a variety of DELICIOUS veg stuff indoors and outdoors, and is so cheap! I've eaten there before dinner, for dinner, and for a late night snack and have always enjoyed. Great place to take friends visiting from out of town. My favorites - pani poori and masala dosa!

1  Thank Aalia C
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Food was OK. But Dosa was good. Even Pani puri was ok.
Food was OK. But Dosa was good. Even Pani puri was ok.Food was OK. But Dosa was good. Even Pani puri was ok.Food was OK. But Dosa was good. Even Pani puri was ok.Food was OK. But Dosa was good. Even Pani puri was ok.

1  Thank 21av
Reviewed 12 October 2013

In between safaris, we spend few days in Dar. We saw the reviews, and my husband and I decided to try this restaurant, WOW. I had masala dosa and my husband had Mysore masala, it was just like eating in India. I did not expect to find this good dosa outside of India. Indians in Dar-Es-Salam have truly maintained the flavors and quality. It appears that majorities of cooking and seating outdoor. Nothing fancy, but clean and adequate sitting. I am Texan, and my husband is Gujrati, and he said the food is like eating in Chowpati, in Bombay, he was in heaven. He had panipuri, and I had bhelpuri and they were equally excellent. For me the spices were just right, but my husband wanted more chili hot, and he got it. I recommend this to anybody who likes Indian Veggi food. No beer or meet. They have all type of snack items, ie, batatawada, kachori, pao bhaji, samosa, and on and on. If you are Dar, and craving for Indian food this is a must stop.

1  Thank Handywoman9
Reviewed 7 October 2013

During Navratri a friend took me to 56 bhog and since then I have been hooked, it is a great meal, a unique Indian experience, and affordable. The food is delectable and delicious. The menu was extensive offering a variety of enticing vegetarian options. My personal favorites are the Pani Puri, Dahi Puri, Masala Dosa, Chili Paneer, Pav Bhaji (and the list could probably go on). This is the best Indian food you will find in all of Dar and an experience you and your taste buds will not want to miss.

1  Thank sab0203