“Pizza is great”

Price range: US$10 - US$50
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Cafe
Good for: View, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: For more than 15 years the Karambezi Cafe has been serving the East African coast with fine seafood and continental dishes. Travel to Dar es Salaam and one of our thousands of friends will say "You have to go to the Karambezi". Our restaurant evolves and changes daily and through time. Come for a luxurious buffet breakfast from 6 am daily to a cocktail served whilst you overlook the Indian Ocean and dine on an Admirals Platter. Karambezi Cafe....Come Home....
Reviewed 17 June 2014

went there with some friends for a saturday lunch, we enjoyed the pizza and the fish was cooked really well. thoroughly recommend this to all readers!!

1  Thank siddharth707

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Staff were efficient and friendly, and the place had a very nice atmosphere about it. I got the kingfish, which unfortunately didn't meet expectations. The cutlets were pretty dry and full of bones. I definitely won't be ordering this dish next time. Overall too dry.
Apart from that, I enjoyed. The efficient staff made up for the bad meal choice

Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is one of my favorite dining areas!
Karambezi is always bustling and busy.
If you want a place with ambiance, Karambezi offers it on a platter. Afternoons are usually more quieter than in the night. Be careful especially during the high season, you might not find a table and you will have to wait for one. (It is worth the wait).

In the evenings, the cafe has these electric blue lights everywhere and the furniture is completely white. It portrays almost like a classy feel when you walk in. Because it is right next to the beach, it can get quite chilly, but the restaurant has put an effort to minimize the strong wind current by circulating the restaurant with these glass slides.

The food is fantastic. Specifically, the sea food. I love their wraps, salads and even their starters are quite filling. They offer great hospitality except whenever i come here, most of the times I find something wrong with the food. The last time, my smoothie was really bitter but they found a way to make it sweeter by mixing a sweeter fruit and my mother also found her chicken quite salty. However, once again, they admitted to their mistake, took the chicken back and gave her the same dish with less salt but do not let this put you off!!! The food here is really good.

Oh, it's also not very cheap. On average, a proper meal (excluding starters and light meals), would be approx 30,000 to be on the safe side.

I have dined here for lunch and supper, if you want great atmosphere or something to get everyone started for the night, come here for supper instead! You won't regret.
If you want a lovely view of the sea, then lunch is ideal for you.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Renovated and upgraded since I was last there, this restaurant sits on a cliff overlooking the Ocean making it a wonderful place to enjoy freshly cooked seafood.
My companion and I shared the seafood platter which was generous and very good. We had to resort to a doggy bag.
Our table next to the cliff edge gave us a beautiful view of the waves below. A glass screen keeps the breeze at bay.
Ours was a business supper but I can imagine the place being a wonderful spot for a romantic dinner.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

As we stayed almost a month at Seacliff hotel we had a lot of opportunities to try out the menu of Karambezi Café. The food is good and café is cosy, especially in the evenings when you sit on the terrace. They have a great seaview, can be very romantic :-)