Sapphire Court Hotel
Harbour View Suites(Dar es Salaam)
US$179
US$123
  • Breakfast included
Sea Cliff Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
US$360
US$181
US$237
US$224
Tanzanite Executive Suites(Dar es Salaam)
US$268
US$119
US$182
US$136
Travelocity
New Africa Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
US$179
US$127
Agoda.com
US$113
US$110
Tiffany Diamond Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
US$80
US$75
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Staff are helpful but not always the most friendly. We had several questions about transportation and the local area and they seemed bothered to have us interrupt them. The location is not the best but Dar es Salaam is not for wandering around anyway. The room was small but clean and the shower was good. A/C worked well and is a must have. WiFi signal doesn't reach past the lobby you'll have to hang out there to get connected.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I booked this hotel online, but phoned as well to make sure my booking was received. I got a very unhelpful lady on the phone who told me to call back the next morning. When I explained this was impossible she said it was OK.
I arrived the next day, around midnight to find out the hotel was fully booked and they had no room for me. Again, an extremely unhelpful lady at the reception, who only told me the rooms were fully booked and it was not her fault.
Even if the rooms are good and cheap etc, I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. And please do not try to book this hotel online or by phone!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Meijerink
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I have stayed in sapphire court hotel for 10 days business issues to clear my goods in the port. I recomend the best and cleanest hotel around the kariakoo area and interior design of the reception and the rooms made me go crazy, so quite and cleaniest rooms and the toilets. Trustable staffs and the management are helpfully to customers. My oppion for business issues better to stay in this hotel and the most thing i like the rules for the hotel NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED AND UNMARRIED COUPLES,This will be good security hotels never been in the city of DAR-ES-SALAAM.Gym available and delicious food also available.KEEP IT UP.CHEERS FROM DUBAI

Room Tip: Higher floor good view of the city center and the national stadium and the port.so quite in every floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank asaudin s
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We needed a place for a short overnight and chose Sapphire Court. We were told a taxi had been arranged but upon arrival we found that the driver was not there. We were able to get a taxi easily enough, but it would have been nice to skip the haggling and searching for a driver who actually knew the hotel.

We found the receptionists to be quite welcoming. They always were willing to help us out in any way which was really appreciated.

At the hotel they advertise free airport transfers and wifi, but neither were available during our stay. We were told we needed at least 10 people to get a free transfer and the wifi just didn't work. According to what I saw on their website I didn't expect those things, but I thought it was interesting it was posted at the hotel. I would be happy to avoid paying an extra 50,000 Tsh for the roundtrip taxi fare when the room is only 40,000 Tsh.

We were impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms. The shower was nice and hot although the heater was quite small which meant for a short shower. The beds were pretty hard and all of the smoke detector batteries hadn't been replaced (more beeping/squeaking than a basketball team running drills), but I was tired enough that I slept through the night. The AC also made the room quite comfortable.

In the morning we arranged to pick up an early breakfast which was about 20 minutes late. At first we were told it wasn't ready and given a partial loaf of bread but thanks to the receptionist, we got eggs, juice and some fruit to go with it. Again, we were very pleased with the receptionists. Our overall experience was pretty good thanks to them.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank schuaa
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one week in May 2012. I was in Dar on business and was referred to this hotel by the manager of Al Uruba Hotel. It is a comfortable, affordable hotel in the heart of Dar. The hotel was opened earlier this year and has over 40 rooms. I stayed in one of the single rooms at an extremely competitive rate of $25 per night. It was well furnished, very clean and comfortable (constant electricity, water and AC). The hotel offers free breakfast and its restaurant has an assortment of various local delicacies at affordable prices. There is a gym and also full service laundry.

The management of the hotel is very friendly and goes out of their way to accommodate guests. The location is in Kariakoo which is in the CBD area of Dar and makes it convenient if you need to travel there. For comfortable, clean accommodations, good food, and excellent service on a budget, you can go wrong with Sapphire Court Hotel. The hotel also offers a shuttle bus to and from the airport which can save you $20 each way.

Room Tip: I recommend calling ahead to book a single room as they fill up quickly.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business