I was in dar for 4 days in Southern Sun and it was Ok hotel. It had all the amenities of a maybe a 3 start hotel in US. The room I feel was small compared to other places I have visited in US and Asia. i believe they are similar to the European hotels.
The lobby and entrance is not impressive as you would expect from a hotel where you are paying $300 night. Other big hotels(Kempenski and Movenpick) had much better impressive entrances.
I went when it was extremely busy and fully booked hotel. They initially gave me a double bed room. i complained that i had booked for 1 King and they switched. The room is basic with a pretty good bath and shower. The TV is old 19 inch with satellite channels.
It does have a good workout place, great business center and small but decent restuarant.
This is definitely good location but somewhere in the end of a deadend street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern Sun Dar-Es-Salaam offers the best of all worlds with excellent facilities and within walking distance of the city centre. It is situated in a quiet part of town, close to the sea, next door to the Botanical Gardens and numerous diplomatic missions. The Hotel was recently awarded Silver status by the Heritage Environmental rating program in recognition of our commitment to reducing the Hotels environmental impact. A free Wi-Fi service is offered throughout the building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Southern Sun Dar es Salaam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Dar Es Salaam Hotel Dar Es Salaam
- Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam