This is a modern-style Business-like Hotel in the city centre of Dar. It is well-situated in the vicinity of the state house and Ocean Road. The Dar harbor, Kilimanjaro Hotel etc. are easily reached by foot. This is a safe area. The hotel itself is quite new. It has a decent pool for a short swim in the afternoon. The rooms are small but clean and modern. Bathrooms are good. As the building is tower-shaped and tall, you have a nice view over the city and the shore. The only disadvantage is the Restaurant. It has no atmosphere at all and you could well feel like in a Sacramento Burger King. The breakfast is superb, though! You won't know what to eat first. Overall, a good City/Business Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern Sun Dar-Es-Salaam offers the best of all worlds with excellent facilities and within walking distance of the city centre. It is situated in a quiet part of town, close to the sea, next door to the Botanical Gardens and numerous diplomatic missions. The Hotel was recently awarded Silver status by the Heritage Environmental rating program in recognition of our commitment to reducing the Hotels environmental impact. A free Wi-Fi service is offered throughout the building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Southern Sun Dar es Salaam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Dar Es Salaam Hotel Dar Es Salaam
- Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam