Fabulous hotel - stayed here for 4 nights total - 3 before our safari and 1 after - fantastic. Rooms are on smaller side as others stated but everything you need and bathrooms are roomy so great. Wifi excellent. The Staff - exceptional - EVERYONE is friendly and helpful - cool drinks at reception when you arrive - a +. The manager there to greet you - a huge + (Rita went above and beyond anything one could expect.). The pool is nice and refreshing. The breakfast buffet is delicious, the restaurant for lunch and dinner is a huge +++++ excellent food at very reasonable prices. A true 5 star establishment. The location is also fantastic - a horticultural garden in the backyard, the National Museum - less than five minutes away, walking to city center 10 minutes, the Indian Ocean a 10 minute walk also. What more can you ask for. A true GEM.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern Sun Dar-Es-Salaam offers the best of all worlds with excellent facilities and within walking distance of the city centre. It is situated in a quiet part of town, close to the sea, next door to the Botanical Gardens and numerous diplomatic missions. The Hotel was recently awarded Silver status by the Heritage Environmental rating program in recognition of our commitment to reducing the Hotels environmental impact. A free Wi-Fi service is offered throughout the building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Southern Sun Dar es Salaam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Dar Es Salaam Hotel Dar Es Salaam
- Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam