We had a night here at the end of our trip before flying back to the UK. We were very pleased that our travel agent had booked us here - the room was a good size (not big but room to move), with a comfortable bed with great pillows (and a pillow menu) and crisp white sheets. Bathroom had a bath (a bit short) and separate shower (large) with good toiletries.
The hotel has a nice small pool area and is in a safe and quiet part of town. We ate at the hotel restaurant as we could not be bothered to go out - we were very pleased - nice wine list at reasonable price. If you like curry we had one of the best potato/lentil/coconut curries we have ever had (and we eat curry a lot).
Staff and porters were very helpful.
All in all a comfortable stay and much better than just a transit hotel - we enjoyed our stay and left refreshed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern Sun Dar-Es-Salaam offers the best of all worlds with excellent facilities and within walking distance of the city centre. It is situated in a quiet part of town, close to the sea, next door to the Botanical Gardens and numerous diplomatic missions. The Hotel was recently awarded Silver status by the Heritage Environmental rating program in recognition of our commitment to reducing the Hotels environmental impact. A free Wi-Fi service is offered throughout the building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Southern Sun Dar es Salaam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun Dar Es Salaam Hotel Dar Es Salaam
- Holiday Inn Dar Es Salaam