“Always a great stay”

Ranked #9 of 95 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
Berkshire
“Always a great stay”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We've stayed here for a few days every year for four years now. We are welcomed like friends, the rooms are large and clean and everything works. The pool area is lovely and the restaurant has wonderful views and good food. We always find it a fitting end to our travels inland and welcome the bit of luxury it provides. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Babiedoo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Due to business my wife and I had to stay in this hotel for a long time, although this is not a pleasant experience, the personalized attention coming from Ravindra; who was always there to see the restaurant area delivered at its best and Arthur at the front desk always willing to help on anything you need. Really made our stay very pleasant and help us cope with the situation.

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 26 April 2012

This is my 2nd stay at BW Hotel. I stayed for 6 nights. I appreciated the Hotel very much. I will define all the features that I availed one by one.

Room: Big Rooms, Well Decorated with modern furniture.
Bathroom : Big, Equiipped with Hair Dryer, enough Towels and Bath Accesories.
Airconditioning: Centralized AC with Digital Temperaure Conntrol. Chilled AC.
TV: LCD TV with 16 DSTV Channels. It must have more channels to accomodate people from different regions.
MiniBar: Yes
Light: Very good arrangement.
Internet: Fast, Maximum connectivity, Skype Video Chat is possible without delay.

Restaurant: Breakfast needs more improvements but I found it improved since my last visit in march 12. Dinner has less dishes and quantity is not enough according to price. Also, presentation of food is not good. Must improve it.

Pool: Yes

Gym: Yes, but I could not avail as I was very busy.

Others: It is situated 2 mins drive from Sea Cliff and 2 mins drive also from Slip way where you can find Money Changer, Restaurants and Supermarkets. Transport is less available and you need to ask Hotel Reception to arrange it.

Staff: Management Staff is Friendly and co-operative specially, Mr. Hemant Kr. (Front Office Manager) is well supportive and gives equal attention to all guests. Reception Staff is also good but Restaurant staff needs more training.

OVer all, I liked this hotel and will intend to stay again !.

Room Tip: All rooms in the New Block are Perfect ! Room Numbers are 4 digits. 3 Digit room Numbers are in Old...
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I was there on business for a week. My room was satisfactory in regards to cleanliness and the view was great. The food was subpar. It was difficult to find time to go anywhere else for breakfast so I ate at the hotel most mornings. I did not care for the quality and I’m not a picky eater. Other than that, it was a reasonable week stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony!
Johannesburg
Reviewed 26 April 2012

this is my second stay in Dar Es Salaam. i am a seasoned traveller and travel at least 2 weeks a month.
i was pleasantly suprised with the Coral beach. the rooms are of a good size and very comfortable with a nice sea view. beds are really comfortable and not hard as rocks!
i found most of the staff to be helpful and friendly.
the food from the cafe on site was great and although i never ate at the cafe but rather opted for room service, i was over joyed to see how fast the service was. Siven is doing a wonderful job to turn around the kitchen. the food is also VERY tasty and I found myself enjoying the HUGE fish basket even though i am not a fish person. :)
my only thing was that there could be just a little more variety at breakfast, and the rooms needs to be serviced a little better. one should not have to ask them to replenish the mini bar or bathroom items.
but all in all, i think this is a great hotel and restaurant with awesome potential :) i would definitely stay here again.

Dunboyne, Ireland
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I stayed 2 nights here on a recent trip to Tanzania. The hotel arranges airport transfer if needed and there was a very warm welcome when I got to the reception. The standard room was comfortable with everything you would expect.
There is a bar and outdoor restaurant overlooking the ocean. I didn't get to enjoy the pool or use the gym but good to know that the facilities are there.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sunflower110208
Cape Town
Reviewed 24 April 2012

As our company has a office in Dar Es Salaam, I stay at the Coral Beach Hotel often.

I must say that I am really impressed with the upgrades that are being done to the hotel and the rooms in the new wing are really nice and comfortable. Although I do think that they can put things like shower caps, ear buds and other essentials in the bathroom.

The staff are really super friendly and always willing to assist. Arthur at the front desk is always so friendly with a huge smile on his face as the guest arrive, making one feel like to have just arrived home.

Ravindra, the Restaurant Manager, always make a point of coming to the guest and checking if they are happy with the meals. The menu has changed over the last few months and there is a nicer variety on the new menu. The food is getting better and better as they now have a South African chef in the kitchen.

Although, they upgrading the hotel, I have not felt inconvenienced at all during my stay at Coral Beach and I stay often at least two weeks every two months.

Thank you for making stay a pleasant one.