“nice vacation”

Best Western Coral Beach Hotel
Ranked #5 of 97 Hotels in Dar es Salaam
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Best Western Coral Beach Hotel is in a fanastic location and has a really relaxed feeling about it.i think it offers great value compare to many options in Dar.

We were here 6 months before & came again as we have enjoyed it so much. We stayed in one of the cottages. Its worth paying a bit more for one as they are well spaced out and all have fabulous views across to the sea.

The menu is good and the location & service are excellent. Room was cleaned & specious.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Formula10TZ, General Manager at Best Western Coral Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Sir and Madam,
thank you for coming back to us after few month.
we are very honoured that you returned after only few month and we hope to welcome you again and again.
Best personal regards

Reviewed 28 February 2014

This was our first time and I am sure when we are in a position to treat ourselves again we will return. We stayed a week in January as a couple with my elder son we have been enjoyed lot. My room was just next to the old building and we had small balcony as well. When I came to the balcony unfortunately I overlooked the view of the ocean then my son told me to look at the ocean “wonderful … speechless” I was frozen for while, it seems like an artist who Art one of the best scenarios of his or her life. My son has been requesting since we check in to come close to sea but we felt go for sleep. We went down in the evening for dinner just close the sea specially the management operate that restaurant in the evening only “open restaurant” evening high tight makes that venue more beautiful. Unfortunately it was very small trip only 02 nights we were willing to stay there much more time.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
BWCoralBeach-Dar, General Manager at Best Western Coral Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Dear Sir and Madam,
thank you very much for your valuable feedback. I am sure that many other guest with Children will feel the same way. We are looking forward welcoming you back.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

i had stayed in this hotel fo couple of nights.rooms are neat and clean.staffs are friendly.swimming pool was very big.bea beaches and lovely view from the room.
Its great to watch sunset from the room.
Service in the resturant was average. Menu need some changes.

Front desk team very hknowledable

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Sir,
thank you for your most valuable feedback. We are very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay. We are currently finalizing our new Menu, I am sure on your return you will even more enjoy our Restaurant and the Food served.

Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

One of the best hotel in the town with excellent service. Staff's are very friendly n professional, rooms are big n well comfortable with nice view. Enjoyed the pool bar with excellent cuisine. Wifi is available every were in hotel. Looking forward to visit again!!!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
BWCoralBeach-Dar, General Manager at Best Western Coral Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Sir or Madam,
thank you very much for your kind feedback. we pride ourselves to go out of our way to ensure 100% Guest satisfaction.
We are looking forward welcoming you back to our wonderful oasis in Dar es Salaam.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Stayed in a room without a sea view, but since this was business this wasn't a problem. Rooms are adequate, clean. Had an issue with the bathroom and drainage from the shower. Smelled after a while of dampness. Bed needs a thin pillow for those of us who prefer them.
Bar and restaurant are very nice, food was always good, especially the sea food. Breakfast was good. Staff always friendly and willing to help.
Was a nice break from the other hotels I frequent in Tanzania.

• Stayed: February 2014
BWCoralBeach-Dar, General Manager at Best Western Coral Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Sir,
thank you very much for your information. We always value our Guest feedback so we can continuously improve on our service. We further appreciate your feedback regarding our Rooms and Restaurant. Our Beds and bedding is of very high quality and two types of pillows are offered in each room which is based on International Standard. Again, thank you very much for you feedback.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I am a member of a small company that conducts a substantial amount of business in East Africa and will be traveling to Tanzania frequently in the coming months. I made my reservation at the Best Western Coal Beach Hotel, having been generally pleased with my past experiences with the franchise, using their online advance purchase option in order to secure a discount. After making the reservation I quickly noticed I had mistakenly secured a room for incorrect dates. Within 24 hours of placing the reservation I was in contact with several members of the management team at the Best Western Coral Beach and was informed that they were unwilling to alter my reservation. I would be charged for nights that I was not going to be staying on the property. I continued attempting to contact the management at Coral Beach but was either endlessly transferred, disconnected, or ignored. Shocked at their unwillingness to acknowledge human error and accommodate their guests, I went to corporate to report my experience. Best Western’s corporate representatives were also very surprised and disappointed with the attitude of the Coral Beach management and also attempted to resolve the issue with no luck thus far. I have never experienced such poor treatment from a hotel management staff. Their unaccommodating attitude toward a prospective guest is disappointing. Needless to say, I will not be meeting my accommodation needs with the Best Western Coral Beach or Best Western any longer.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank mnl34

Dear Sir or Madam,
thank you for your feedback; respectfully the vast majority of your comment is simply not true and you are distorting the facts. Firstly you did not book via our online service but via a third party Online Portal. The fact that you booked a NON-refundable booking is indeed 100% your mistake.
We offered initially to allow you to take up the booking within the next three month, thereafter we even extended it to six month which you said is not sufficient, you are asking for a one year validity to use the booking which is way beyond any reasonable time frame. For instance, if you buy a Non-refundable non changeable Airline ticket and you do not use it, you lose it. We however offered you to change the dates within a reasonable time frame and you demanded much more.
Respectfully, you are out of line and in fact we will take this matter up with Tripadvisor to have your review removed due to the facts being different.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed at the hotel over the Valentine's weekend 2014 and we were quite disappointed. Our major issues were the flooding bathroom, leaking sink and roof near the room Air con. We raised the issue at reception even requested for a change of room to no avail. For a 200 Usd room we don't think we got value for our money
It was also surprising to be given a drinks menu only to be informed that our choice of drinks were not available! Please update your menus.
Wondered what criteria was used by trip advisor in getting the hotel the 2013 award conspicuously displayed at the reception!
We hope these leaks and other customer complaints can be promptly attended to to salvage the hotel brand.
Only thing we didn't have an issue with was the breakfast selection and great sea view from our room.
Not sure I would recommend this particular hotel.

Room Tip: Coral beach suites have a great sea view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
BWCoralBeach-Dar, General Manager at Best Western Coral Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Madam,
thank you for your feedback.
After investigating the issue at hand, I have come to the conclusion that, even thou we gave you a free upgrade on arrival as you ask for something special, you expected something even more. I like to take this opportunity to point out that we upgraded you to a top Ocean facing room with Balcony, even thou you only booked our standard room. If you were looking for a suite, you would have been very welcome to book a suite.
The fact that the shower was "leaking" is not quite the correct point - as you know our showers are a modern type of shower which give you a sense of space whilst enjoying the shower. The glass door would ensure that - if one person is in the shower - no unnecessary water would spill into the bathroom.
As far as the Aircon and sink are concerned, on your request we immediately checked and no fault was found by our Maintenance technician; which you were kindly made aware off.
Respectfully, I am therefore not sure on what points you are leveraging your review and statement; however, I thank you for taking the time in writing a review.