All reviews new wing beach bar sea view private beach indian ocean beautiful hotel business trip reception desk rooms are large internet connection city centre enjoyed my stay arthur tanzania dar bay peninsula
Reviewed 22 June 2018

The venue has a lovely location on the bay with well located beach theme bar and restaurant. The accommodation had been booked through work who had also informed them about my wheat allergy. Nothing was mentioned at check in about no superior sea view being available. I went back to comment that my sea view looked remarkably like a stone wall, the receptionist shrugged his shoulders and said there were none available in the manner of someone who would be marginally more interested in the speed at which the grass was growing than my irrelevant question. Next i found that my safe did not work, eventually a nice maintenance chap turned up to fix it, took the batteries out and was never seen again, who needs a safe anyway, we are all friends here. In transpired that the TV and half the lights didn't work but by now I had decided to divert my attentions to the considerably more amenable beach bar. The shower, by the way, is cunning, the hot and cold are back to front which I eventually realised after much scratching of my head (explains the receding hairline). Lastly I commented at the conference the next day that all three snacks were covered in wheat, about ten minutes later a very charming waiter bought me my own personal plate of different snacks.....wait for it......covered in wheat! Clearly a concerted effort to knock me off here. Anyway I've stayed in worse and I've stayed in much much better. One odd thing that struck me was that a considerable proportion of the staff appear to bear a badge which described them as management, maybe too many chiefs and not enough Indians.....

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at Best Western Coral Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Sir,

Greetings!!

At the outset, we extend our apology for the unintentional inconvenience caused to you. We really value our guests and always try to match the requirements to the utmost satisfaction level.

I received your concerns, we really are repentant. I would like to assure you personally that the concerns have been taken seriously and appropriate rectification measures have been applied immediately to rectify at the earliest.

We expect your understanding on the same and looking forward to get a chance to serve you again and offer you our best services.

Please feel free to get in touch with me or write back to me, it will be our pleasure to assist you and serve you.

Thanks & Regards

Ajay Singh
Cell : +255 688 687 973
gm@coralbeach-tz.com

Reviewed 20 June 2018

The hotel itself is very nice. Rooms are big and the property is located right by the water, with palm trees and other summery decor adding to a relaxed atmosphere in the outside areas like the bar or the restaurant.

My only gripe, and this is a big one, is the staff. Here's why:
1) We ordered a hotel shuttle pickup from the airport and even confirmed it two days before arrival. Driver didn't show up for 40+ minutes "because of traffic".
2) We had booked a deluxe room with a balcony and ocean view. The room we actually got had no balcony, no ocean view. After I mentioned this to the front desk staff, she told me that someone hadn't checked out in time which is why the deluxe room intended for us would be blocked. Next day, going back to the front desk there was quite some confusion and since we had to head out we didn't end up packing up for a room change. Result: Someone else got that one special deluxe room that day. After complaining a total of 3 times about the room, we gave up.
3) We asked a shuttle driver from the hotel to bring us to a spot which was 15 min drive away. Regarding cost, the driver said "we'll see once we get there". Once we arrived, he wanted to rip us off. It's quite sad if you can't even trust the hotel staff. To top it all off, the driver didn't have GPS which is why we had to tell him the directions each step of the way.

So there you have it. Hotel is nice with good amenities. Staff, however, is incompetent and tries to rip you off. I won't be back.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Ms. Florian,

Greetings!!

Thank you for the feedback as this gives us an opportunity to review the services we offer at Best Western Coral Beach Hotel. We are glad that you liked the hotel and amenities. There was indeed an incident highlighted regarding the taxi services which should not have occurred, having looked at our records your concerns were discussed at length with the team and taxi service provider. The preventative measures and actions have been taken to ensure such shortcomings in the particular service do not occur in future.

We are really apologetic for the inconvenience caused to you. We hope that the fair chance to serve you will be given to us again.

We look forward to welcoming you back, in the mean time if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Thanks & Regards

Ajay Singh
General Magager
Cell : +255 688 687 973
Email : gm@coralbeach-tz.com

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

This trip was at EID vacation. I preferred to relax in a nice country and nice hotel. The hotel was very good and clean. Staff are very helpful, friendly and smiley
I felt at home and enjoyed my stay
Food is very good. But need fresh juices

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Nyangeta M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Coral Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Mafifi63

Thank you for taking your time to write a review of our hotel. Your feedback is important to us and help us in our efforts to provide an excellent service to our valued guests. Our team members are delighted that you found our service and location so amazing and that you enjoyed EID at our beautiful ocean front location.

Thank you once again and I look forward to your next visit soon.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Short trip to Dar to visit friends with my wife. Great location on the beach with an amazing view from the peninsula. Rooms are large and well appointed. Friendly staff, especially the barman who made my wife a great pina colada. Will stay again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Nyangeta M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Coral Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear Dhruv P

Thank you very much for taking your time to review our hotel, we are delighted that you found our hotel and services to be satisfactory
I will inform the team of your good comments and indeed they will be so delighted to hear that you and your wife enjoyed the view of our sea front bar, restaurant and rooms

Looking forward to your next visit at our hotel

Best Regards

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel was lovely. Welcome drinks of juice and a cold towel which was a lovely touch. We were escorted to our room which was equally as nice with a king size bed and nice big bathroom with shower/bath. We were given bottled water every day and everything we needed or wished for was there such as shampoo, conditioner, towels and dressing gowns, tea and coffee etc. The hotel has a private beach, which was more like a terrace that they covered in sand which wasn’t very nice but the pools was lovely (does need a bit of de-bugging though as there were centipedes at the bottom as well as other insects).
The hotel is also too business orientated so I didn’t feel comfortable being there.
Nice area but not much to do.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Leonora F

Thank you for your review of our hotel and it is disconcerting to learn that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. Your feedback is important to us in our strive to provide excellent service and a unique and comfortable stay to our valuable guests.

It is unfortunate that you experienced problems during your stay, for which we really apologize and I have informed the management and we hope to see you again in your next visit, so that we can have a chance to exceed your expectations with a true authentic Coral Beach hotel experience.

Looking forward to your next visit in the near future

With Regards