Best Western Coral Beach Hotel
Sea Cliff Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
US$360
US$181
US$122
US$119
US$236
US$224
Tiffany Diamond Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
US$78
Hotels.com
US$123
US$115
Agoda.com
Tanzanite Executive Suites(Dar es Salaam)
US$268
US$95
  • Breakfast included
New Africa Hotel(Dar es Salaam)
US$179
US$125
Hotels.com
US$338
US$325
Travelocity
Hotel Sapphire(Dar es Salaam)
US$108
US$105
Harbour View Suites(Dar es Salaam)
US$165
US$117
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsyacht clubnew wingbeach barprivate beachsea viewbeautiful hotelindian oceanwonderful staybusiness tripnice poolcomfortable roomsinternet connectioncity centreoystersarthurtanzaniadar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 January 2011

My wife and I stayed at Coral Beach Hotel during December of 2008. The staff was amazing. Everything that we wanted from a hotel. Excellent food, drinks and nightlife!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
CoralBeach-Dar, General Manager at Best Western Coral Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2011

We are thankful to you for staying at Coral Beach Hotel on your recent business trip to Dar es Salaam.

Such positive reviews encourage us to set higher standards of hospitality for our patrons and motivates us to go that extra mile to satisfy ouy esteemed guests.

We were delighted to read your acknowledgment on our code of practice which is designed to ensure the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness in our rooms.
We are and will continue to strive to improve on the standard of service.

I sincerely hope we will have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Coral Beach Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 22 November 2010

I spent about 6 weeks total at the Coral Beach last Dec-Jan, and am back again for another stay.

Since I've been gone, the hotel has become part of the Best Western family, and while I would expect this to elevate things, for some reason the hotel feels a little more shabby than my last visit. There is nothing specific... just that the pillows don't seem as nice, the breakfasts are a little less appealing, the reception desk has been renovated and doesn't look as nice. The grounds however, look great-- they've done a great job of landscaping.

I think the thing that bothers me is that while to rooms look great when you enter, some of the little details are off-- for example, the phone by my bed is dying, 2 lamps in my room don't work, and the shades on the door and window can be hard to open and close.

That said, this place is still miles ahead of the Colosseum, where I spent 2 nights last year and had to escape!

If you are thinking about Coral Beach, there are a few things to note:

-- the rooms on the pool side of the new wing are actually much nicer than the ocean side, as they have a balcony and a stronger wifi connection.

--the small pool is lovely, but fills up with children on the weekends. I had been looking forward to a lazy weekend afternoon at the pool, but there were 15 kids splashing and screaming. Great if you are here with your kids, not as appealing if you are a solo traveler who wants to swim a few laps or lounge with a book.

--the rooms never get completely dark at night because the shades are slatted and there is light that comes in from the frosted window in the bathroom. I sleep with an eye mask to block out the light.

--The bathroom has a slatted sliding door-- fine for the solo traveler, but it might make people on a romantic getaway a little uncomfortable since you get visual privacy, but not from sounds or smells...

-- the desks have a powerstrip that takes a variety of plug types-- a nice touch as my computer has an american plug and my cell phone, the 2 pin euro plug.

--use the in-room safe. I had some cash and my american cell phone go missing last time I was here. I didn't alert the management since I only discovered that they were missing after I'd left. This could happen anywhere, and it was a good reminder that I need to be a little more careful.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
CoralBeach-Dar, General Manager at Best Western Coral Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2010

Reviewed 21 October 2010

I booked a standard room which was a big disapointment - rather shabby, leaking taps, etc. and as I had 5 days of work combined with a weekend I moved to a superior room the next day which was quite lovely. Stunning views over the indian ocean, nice finishes to the room, free wireless internet . This hotel is great if you like a quiet place to relax and/or work. The pool is reasonably sized for a good swim, the gardens are well maintained and the terrace by the sea has the best view for sunsets. The staff were very friendly and helpful - but do not expect the polished service of Sea Cliffs or the Kempinsky.
I would recomend this hotel for both business and holiday travellers .

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
CoralBeach-Dar, General Manager at Best Western Coral Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2010

Reviewed 19 September 2010

I am please to say that the service I recieved from Coral Beach Hotel was very good, I was recieved by attentative staff who got me to my room quickly. The room was very nice and big, with everything I needed which made my stay even better. The Hotel is well placed/located with awesome views out into the bay especially in the evenings. I especially liked the angles of the architecture and lanscaped surrounds taking into account the outdoor bar, relaxation area and pool location which was overlooked by the dinning area - very nice.

Dinning at Coral Beach Hotel offered a variety to cater for all types which was also fab.

I would definitely return and would recommend Coral Beach hotel to colleagues and friends. Thanks

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
CoralBeach-Dar, General Manager at Best Western Coral Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2010

Reviewed 15 September 2010

Had two nights in Coral Beach Hotel before leaving Dar. Travelling with 8 year old son. Staff were great, including the man at the swimming pool where our boy spent a lot of time. Room (deluxe seaview in new wing) could not be faulted. Staff throughout, meals and general ambiance of the establishment was more than above average, it was sensational. Meals (we had breakfast included and ate our main meals there too) were of a very high standard, great serves, great taste and the drinks are cold. Would recommend this place to anyone wanting a nice place to stay in Dar. Well done to all the hotel staff during our stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
CoralBeach-Dar, General Manager at Best Western Coral Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2010